Touring Plans Crowd Calendar says...

acamusic

Mouseketeer
The crowd level will be around 5 or 6 during my stay. Doesn't sound too bad, but it still lists certain parks to avoid. Any reason why all parks won't be tolerable during this or should I try to stick with Touring Plans' best park?

do a little more indepth research as to why a park would be intolerable, for example one of the parks may have their EMH's.

Even on a 5 or 6 day, if all the people goto one park it will be more crowded. They are trying to give you the park with the minimum waits not that the other parks are to be avioded at all cost to life and limb and othe rimportant parts.

The maximum benefit strategy goes like this:

(Assuming you are staying on site and have park hopper tickets)

Go to the a.m. EMH park until about lunchtime and then hop to a less crowded park.

Typically the UG id's the worse park as one that has EMH and therefore tends to fill up faster than a non EMH park.

We use the strategy I listed above.

5's and 6's will make for a very nice visit!

What does 5 or 6 mean? What is the range? How do I find out what it is for my visit time? Dec 5- 12.

What does 5 or 6 mean? What is the range? How do I find out what it is for my visit time? Dec 5- 12.

You have to subscribe to their website to see that far into the future. You can look at it for free for the next 30 days.

5 and 6 means 50 and 60 minute waits at the headliner attractions at peak times of the day, and I think their numbers at based on the Magic Kingdom only.

Hmm...it depends on when you are going. The crowd calendar was predicting 6's for my visit in August so I wasn't too worried about it being crowded. Now they have jumped to 7's and 8's and I am scrambling to come up with touring plans. I would be wary and still plan for bigger crowds just in case.

...but it still lists certain parks to avoid.

No matter what the crowd levels, Touringplans.com attempts to recommend the best park to visit under those conditions. The number they provide is an overall average for all the parks, but one park may be more crowded than another (i.e. - MK might be more crowded because it's parade day or Epcot might be more crowded because of extra magic hours, etc.).

Consider the crowd level number and the park recommendations as two separate factors in your planning.

If you bought the 2009 Unofficial Guide book, you can get a free year subscription to Touringplans.com.

So I signed up for touringplans last night and looked over their crowd level recommendations.

Now the November hours are out today.

Does touringplans change their recommendations once the hours and events are posted, or change closer to your trip dates for some reason? Or are the recommendations they have up what they stay with?

If so, I can move forward with my plans - I have until next week to figure out my schedule and make ADR's.

Thanks!

So I signed up for touringplans last night and looked over their crowd level recommendations.

Now the November hours are out today.

Does touringplans change their recommendations once the hours and events are posted, or change closer to your trip dates for some reason? Or are the recommendations they have up what they stay with?

If so, I can move forward with my plans - I have until next week to figure out my schedule and make ADR's.

Thanks!

Yes touringplans.com will update thier crowd calendar when changes come up. They are always gathering data and updating as necessary. Rarely does it change drastically but it has on a few occasions. Be sure and check again closer to your trip times.

The whole week of Thanksgiving were 9's, now that the hours are out they have been changed to 7's. How do the hours coming out change them from a 9 to a 7, is that a real big change?

Yes pour Nov crowd calnedar number dropped a couple points wehen Nov hours were released...it was nice to see

bump...I'd like to know others opinions about this as well.

Disney Bases there hours on attendance levels...if bookings are down hours will be shorter...at least thats my understanding...plus it makes sense...Summer and Christmas time park hours like MK can go till midnight and TP will have levels at 9 or 10...

I may be wrong but thats the simple explanation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter