Touring plans crowd calculator is way off

vivianmarie244

Mouseketeer
Just an FYI to anyone visiting soon. Touring plans crowd calculator has been way off this week. They predicted a 1 on most days and it's actually showed a 5 on the actual numbers they showed the next day. I'm sure it's due to covid/50th anniversary/Columbus day etc. This year is just hard to figure out. But just wanted others to know. If you are relying on the crowd calculator to decide which park to go to, don't.

I'm hoping it is way off for January, but it a good way. They are predicting what looks to be a very busy month, and I am hoping for a quiet month. I'm guessing these predictions are really hard with, as you said, covid/50th/school holidays.

I've been looking at the crowd calendar history for the year so far, and, in general, crowds are low. But every now and then, they jump.

We were really looking forward to low crowds this past week as touring plans showed 1's and 2's all week. It was much more than we expected. I've definitely seen worse though.

I was notified of changes to crowd levels yesterday for my days (beginning Wed) from mostly 1’s to 3’s, 4’s and 5’s. Even a 7 for MK on 10.23. My park choices still work and we’re experienced enough to navigate successfully even with higher crowd levels.

Remember way back in the 90’s when all we knew was the best time of the year to visit? And the biggest controversy was whether you should pull your kids out of school for off season vacations…oh the shame!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter