• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring Plans and Fast Passes; Please help me, I'm rusty!

DisneyD

Disney Lover since childhood!
It's been about 4 years since my last Disney World visit (yikes!). I'm working on my touring plan and the sample plans all say something like "Send a member of your party to get a FP for ---- attraction and then ride ------. So, are you supposed to go ahead and get in line for the next attraction while that person is getting the group FP's and then let them bump in line with you?

Just don't want to break any rules. Like I said, I'm a little rusty!

It's always a good idea to get fastpasses for as many attractions as possible. If the wait is not long (10-15 minutes), I would still get a fastpass for that attraction for later and then wait the 10 minutes to ride now. If the fastpass says to return between 12:00-1:00, you can use it anytime after 12:00 for that day only. So you can use the fastpass later that evening if you like.

As far as sending someone off for fastpasses and you waiting in line on another attraction - I don't really think it's a big deal, especially if the attractions are near each other. For instance, if Big Thunder Mountain is an hour wait and you start to wait on line and you send someone over to Splash Mountain for a fastpass - I'm sure people won't mind that person catching up to you on line. I've seen many people do it while I was on line and I didn't mind!

Technically, it would probably be more generally acceptable to send one person to get the passes (it is more effective to have one representative taking all 5 peoples tickets to get fastpasses than to have five different people going up to get their own), and than went together, fastpasses in hand, to get in line for the other attraction.

I have seen alot of threads here get out of hand relating to what is or is not cutting in line... I'd hate for people to think you were trying to "cut" when you were just regrouping. In reality, it takes a very small amount of time to get the fastpasses, so it's probably much less of a headache to send someone for them, regroup, and hit the next ride all together. :thumbsup2

When we send one person off to get a fast pass for a ride, the rest of us wait until they return to get in line for the attraction we are all going to be going on. We just wait until they return, do not feel it is right for them to cut back in line to get to where ever in line we may be.

When we send one person off to get a fast pass for a ride, the rest of us wait until they return to get in line for the attraction we are all going to be going on. We just wait until they return, do not feel it is right for them to cut back in line to get to where ever in line we may be.

I agree completely. I think what they mean by "send one person" is to save the other members of the party from running across the park. One person always moves faster than a group. I don't feel right about cutting up through the line to catch up with your group either, unless it's a parent with a little one who needed an emergency bathroom break.

We always send someone (my husband) to be the "runner" for the FP and we all wait near the filler attraction for him. Then we all get in line together. I personally don't feel comfortable having one of us come in later and catch up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter