Touring Plans actual touring plans worth it now?

Brewersprts

Mouseketeer
I see many posts asking about the crowd calendar accuracy of touring plans.

What about paying to join and using the actual custom daily touring plan?

Is it worth it now with Genie+ and LL?

We are going for a week (4 days in parks) the first week of April. I am wanting to maximize what we can do and experience.

All these changes have my mind turning to mush and I have been going since the year I was born. Although I havent been in a few years.

I don't find their touring plans to be very helpful.
However, I do find their line app to be awesome and use it every trip.

The 'Lines' app requires a paid subscription, correct?

Our trips in 2010 and 2013...we used their plans and they worked like a charm. Hardly spent any time in line, but that was also just with paper fast passes and before even FastPass+. I appreciate their information so subscribed again...but am taking a hybrid approach this time around. Will see...

I found their Crowd Calendar to be WAY off when we went in October 2021 - two days at MK, one predicted to be a 7 ended-up being a walk-on to most things in the early evening, and then the next was predicted to be a 1, but was easily 3x busier than the first day we went. But I can understand that it's pretty hard to predict these things now-a-days.

I also don't use their plans - too regimented for us.

But I do still subscribe for the DVC room request perk and the res finder.

The Lines app seemed to be more accurate than Disney's official wait times. We don't need a turn-by-turn schedule for the day.

Besides, it’s only $17.95 per year and less for renewals. A small investment if it even helps only a little. While many say their calendars aren’t accurate, what else do you have to go by for making reservations. On our last trip, while the crowds were heavier, the comparison between parks was good. MK was listed lower and it did feel less crowded than EP the day before. I also look at the history to gage their accuracy (take a screen shot of the predictions and then compare actual just before we go). That way, I have an idea if it’s likely to be worse when we’re there.

We are going for a week (4 days in parks) the first week of April. I am wanting to maximize what we can do and experience.

All these changes have my mind turning to mush and I have been going since the year I was born. Although I havent been in a few years.

Yes, IMHO TP is worth it.

I am a repeat customer and have used Touring Plans to make my own custom ones numerous times... Some for young children so we need to plan Bathrooms stops and seats at strategic locations, throughout the day, as well as reduce line time. I've gone with seniors, when we need to walk very slow, also reduce line time, reduce the distance walked, avoid the scariest, and again stay in proximity of bathrooms! lol. Then there are the days with my sisters & neices and nephews where our goal is to hit every desirable ride... walking at top speed, reducing line time, adjacency isn't imortant 'cuz we got LEGS, ... and you KNOW it's an excellent plan if you can slide your 4th & 5th fastpass in without even getting to pick their times... (Okay, FP's are gone, but I was a rockstar at day-scheduling in that era.)

I'm going to both Universal and Disney on this Mar'22 trip, so I bought both Touring Plans. Seriously, we got 33 rides in MK using our custom schedule, during March a few years ago. I'm a bit sad because even with their planning tool to schedule activities days before, the $ILL add a degree of hell to the process.

Pre-Genie, I SWORE by the Touring Plans. Post-Genie, I guess we'll see.

I used to buy touring plans, but honestly this year I'm not sure. I already paid for it so gonna try it, but not nearly as impressed this time around.

Jenn

I use the lines app numerous times a day during our trips plus the crowd cSlendar when planning. I don’t always use their day to day calendars but most definitely use them helping me plan which week to go.

they’re not 100% accurate but nothing is right now and I find them closer than many. We’ll worth the $ to me.

We are visiting DL this summer for the first time and one of the very first things I did was purchase the DL TP subscription.

I read that they will be incorporating G+ into their custom touring plans at some point so that may be worth checking out. I don’t think the crowd calendar is worth much at this point, the post covid travel boom means it’s a new ball game for crowd prediction.

You can put in your LL and Genie + reservations once you get those, hit optimize and it maps out the most efficient plan for you. You also can put in your planned meals and places. Not sure if it's worth it to others, but it is for me. I buy the subscription to start with their premium touring plans which are recommendations for the group I am going with as to what to do with just one park day (subscription is required for access to those and I want that access), do additions and subtractions customized from there based on group preferences (we have experience from being at the parks before, so don't always want to do what they have on the plan or have some stuff we want to do that isn't on the plan -- for the most part thought the plans are a great starting point for us and pretty spot on for what would make sense for us to do (helpful to me for planning a Disney park day), put in meals, optimize and then I actually follow the plan with minimal deviations.

In decades past with the paper fast passes they were so spot on as to when to pick up paper fast passes, then do this, this, and this, and then do this ride with your FP. It was absolutely amazing. They are the reason of all the systems Disney had before I loved the paper fastpasses best. I will be trying the plans with Genie+ and LL on March 21 and 23 my two Disney days and can report back. (Note I have not tried their plans plugging these in yet. This will be my first trip with the new system.)

I did a Christmas trip without the plans one year and hated my experience. The next year I did a Christmas trip with the plans and had the best time and reasonable expectations of what I can do. Just the predictions that help me decide what to do and what to skip is super helpful to me for making my Orlando vacation great.

With FP+ they would tell me to not even use fastpasses that didn't save me time (The system intelligently told me not to zig zag the park for bottom of the barrel fastpasses that were all the were available to me when they wouldn't save me time overall. I appreciated that in the FP+ years. It did though help me realize how worthless FP+ pretty much was for offsite visitors.). I could never get the FPs they recommended as an offsite visitor FYI.

Four in our party are doing one park to park day at Universal with a one time express pass over the busy spring break time and I subscribed to touring plans for that to help them do an efficient park day. A plan with and without the one time EPs that I did are what convinced me to spend the money on the EPs too. If it weren't for Touringplans it would have been much harder to make that decision, but I could clearly see a great day with the EPs and for the long lines predicted for the things the kids wanted to do without the EPs it didn't even look like it would be worth going for one day at that busy time.

If it weren't for Touringplans there is no way I would do as many Orlando vacations as I do for sure.

Last edited:
Yes, TouringPlans' subscription is 100% worth the price.
At $18 annual subscription (less if you renew), it is cheaper than one month of Netflix, and about the same cost as buying a IAS for RotR once.

You get the lines app, crowd calendars, touring plan optimization, forums, room request support, dining reservation feature and more. Depending on how you like to tour/plan, not all of these feature may hold value for you, but I am sure you can find $18 worth of value across their product offerings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter