Touring around DL??

stacy~**

DIS Veteran
If we wanted to do other stuff (Santa Monica, Hollywood, Long Beach) would it be terribly stupid to just stay at our Disney resort for the whole time and just commute to these other locations? I hate hotel hopping plus I kinda like the idea of mixing other days with Disney days....instead of all of one then the other....but will we regret all the driving? If we avoid rush hour times will traffic be okay? What about navigating?

Also....Is the first week or so of August super, super busy? (I have been to WDW during August and during Spring Break....so I am used to a little busy...but how would it compare??)

TIA!!!

I dont think you are going any distances that would make it wise to switch hotels. If it were me I would just stay in one place.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orange County and drove to San Diego, Hollywood, Huntington Beach, etc. on our non-Disney days. We didn't find the driving that bad once we got used to the traffic. (we live near a small town in the middle of nowhere, lol) I printed out MapQuest maps for each days outing and we didn't get lost once. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter