tourguidemike - worth it?

disfan0705

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I've been to Disney before and have a couple different guides, and of course, visit disboards regularly..........however, our last trip to Disney was in October when crowds were low. We are going this time at the end of June when it will be much more crowded.

I've read that people have used TourGuideMike and have had great luck with it as far as stragedies of waiting in line for only 10-15 minutes, not having to wait for hours saving a spot for a parade, etc.

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that has gone at the end of June and found this service really helped them out with the above.

Or is it best to just stick with EE and FP stradegies...........

Thanks for your input!

I used tourguidemike for our last trip. Truthfully, I don't think I took full advantage of it in terms of the best times to visit where, etc. I enjoyed reading his articles and scanning through information about restaurant choices, but it was just too much planning to have every time and place allotted. Plus, I used his site when it was just up and running, and it was so jam-packed with information that it was a little hard to navigate. Don't get me wrong--it's a great resource, but you really have to study it to get the full advantage.

I did follow one pointer that he gave...when doing Epcot, go to the World Showcase early--as soon as it opens, as opposed to doing the other side of Epcot first. He was right. The place was EMPTY in the morning, since no one enters Epcot at the World Showcase. We got right on to the rides in Mexico and Norway with no line, then made our way across to the other side and followed around counter-clockwise. It worked like a charm. I suppose if I would have followed more of his directions, there would have been more success stories. I was just too lazy to plan it all out so thoroughly.

That said, he knows what he's talking about, and if you really want to know where to go and when to avoid lines, I'm sure he's your man. So get ready to plan!! Overall, I'd say the service is a good one.

I would say, yes, absolutely worth it!! :) I used his site before our trip from 12/28 to 1/3 and, honestly, even on the busiest week of the year, the longest line I stood in was to buy lunch at Epcot on New Years Eve! Other than that, we waited for 20 minutes for the safari ride in the AK and everything else was 10 minutes or less. I'd HIGHLY recommend it. :)

That said...I found the site to be wordy and a bit clunky to navigate at first. GREAT info, it just takes a little while to figure out the layout. It wouldn't deter me from using it again (already planning trip #2) but when I first signed up and started looking I kept thinking "where are all the specific tips???" before I realized I was in the wrong area and was reading mostly public info that you can look at before you purchase it.

I also used it for my last trip in November. I have been to Disney several times (always in the off season) and have several books as well. Guess that I love anything Disney. I did sign up for his site shortly after it came out and he was still working on the site at the time. A lot of the info I already knew just from going to Disney and reading the various books and these sites. He also had quite a bit of interesting info which I did manage to use and worked on my trip. The info, from what I have incorporated into my last vacation, is useful and there is plenty to read. I think that having the info. now is useful for not only my last trip but a possible trip in the next two years. I would probably rejoin for a trip in say 3 to 4 years to accomodate any changes that have occurred.

I used it for our October trip and felt the advice was good. I would definitely use it again if I were planning another trip, so I vote "yes". It's chump change to use it compared with what you'll be spending for the entire vacation!

I absolutely loved it. Even though we went in off season and crowds were low, I followed his advice and we didn't wait in any lines. Granted, even later in the day lines may have only been 10-20 minutes long, but waiting 0 minutes is still better than waiting 10 minutes.

His "best view" advice for shows/parades/fireworks, etc were right on the money, too.

I've already renewed it for my next trip.

I used TourguideMike for Christmas--definately another busy time. While I am a WDW veteran, my brother and his family were joining us, and my SIL had never wanted to visit at a busy time. I found many of TGM's suggestions to be right on the money, especially about places to view parades, fireworks, etc. I think it was worth the money I spent, and would purchase it again.

Spend some time on the site--this is not easy to navigate, and there is really useful information buried deeper into the site.

I would also check out www.mousesavers.com for any discounts on www.tourguidemike.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter