TourGuideMike - Stay Away

Porphyro

Mouseketeer
I have tried to carefully review the guidelines and I think I'm in compliance with this post, and I think this qualifies as a "Disney World Tip". If not, please delete.

For anyone looking to plan their Disney vacation, I recommend avoiding TourGuideMike.com. Mike has been having prolonged issues and the site has fallen into complete disarray. I feel sorry for his issues but that doesn't excuse misrepresentation of the site's accuracy and usefulness. He continues to take money for something he knows is incorrect. I used to be a big proponent of his site, but I can no longer recommend it.

Unfortunately, I will have to support the OP. I did register, and have had better info. I am quite sorry about that.

It's a shame, we relied on it heavily for our trip to WDW over July 4th week 4 years ago. I was considering it this trip but I've managed to find just as good (if not better) info for free elsewhere for this trip. I'd be interested to know what how inaccurate the current info was though? If you're paying for a service like that you deserve 100% accurate info!

I'd be interested to know what how inaccurate the current info was though? If you're paying for a service like that you deserve 100% accurate info!

In the touring plans section, there is no mention of the Test Track renovation, the new fantasy land, the fastpass changes to the Princesses, etc. If you dig into the forums there is an updates section there but the information is presented in a "shotgun" sort of approach and doesn't lay it out in a way for the first time visitor to understand.

In the touring plans section, there is no mention of the Test Track renovation, the new fantasy land, the fastpass changes to the Princesses, etc. If you dig into the forums there is an updates section there but the information is presented in a "shotgun" sort of approach and doesn't lay it out in a way for the first time visitor to understand.

Wow. A lot of first timers will rely on a service like that and they wouldn't ever think that the info might not be correct. Surely if its charging for a service thats not up-to-date it should be shut down until its sorted?

meh...the above is not enough reason for me to stop using Tour Guide Mike. I use his site for the "what parks to visit / what parks to avoid on each morning/afternoon/evening" info and accompanying reasons. I don't need Tour Guide Mike to tell me there is a new Fantasyland coming.

meh...the above is not enough reason for me to stop using Tour Guide Mike. I use his site for the "what parks to visit / what parks to avoid on each morning/afternoon/evening" info and accompanying reasons. I don't need Tour Guide Mike to tell me there is a new Fantasyland coming.

You can get that information for free from other sites. I am not going to advertise them, but they exist. And while you and I know enough to fill in the gaps, first-time-user expecting up to date information is going to have quite the shock when they try to use a touring plan!

I use easywdw.com for my park day recommendations. They have always been spot-on for us.

And FREE! :goodvibes

That's the place. I didn't mention names because I wasn't sure if that counted as an advertisement. I did a survey of the two major paid sites and then EasyWDW, it was inline with both of the paid 90% of the time and when it wasn't Josh was able to make a compelling argument for why his was correct.

Of course, the proof is in the pudding and we'll see how it works out...in just 36 days!

I used TGM for our last (only recent) two trips, we did well, esp the first one as it was a busy long weekend for part of it. Hard to say if we would not have done as well without.
The TGM and EasyWDW recommended parks differ somewhat for our upcoming trip, and I've gone with TGM's recommendations while making my plans and ADRs, as that part is updated, and I like that he gives reasons behind his recommendations. I'm sticking with him for this trip, we'll see how it goes. I only recently joined and have a while before my trip, maybe his personal issues will be resolved as it gets closer, and the site will not continue to suffer. All that said, I think the general information on the site is useful, even if some of it can be found elsewhere, again, I like the explanations of WHY to do certain things in certain ways....

Thank you for this thread! We're first-timers going this November, and I was seriously considering buying TGM. Won't be doing that now, as we'll need accurate, current info on just about everything.

I have always been a huge TGM supporter, having used his site for years. I cannot in good faith anymore recommend his site to people who are NEW to Disney. If you are familiar with Disney, you can still find some useful info, especially on the forums. However, if you are new to Disney, the site is so out of date. I used it only for his Least Crowded Parks guide up until recently. Once my membership runs out, I will not be renewing. I understand and sympathize with his issues of depression. I feel sorry for him in that aspect but to continue taking people's money for a service he is no longer providing is wrong.

tracies said:
Thank you for this thread! We're first-timers going this November, and I was seriously considering buying TGM. Won't be doing that now, as we'll need accurate, current info on just about everything.

We have used Touringplans.com and have had tremendous success using their parks to avoid/Best park recos. Plus their phone app, Lines, rocks...

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32GB using the DISBoards App

We used TGM for our trips in 2008,2009 and 2010. I bought it for help this year and the information was really no help at all. The least crowded park calendars were pretty good, but the website has went downhill big time. I will never use it again. And I also would not recommend it to anyone either.

The TGM and EasyWDW recommended parks differ somewhat for our upcoming trip, and I've gone with TGM's recommendations while making my plans and ADRs, as that part is updated, and I like that he gives reasons behind his recommendations. I'm sticking with him for this trip, we'll see how it goes.

I truly hope you don't regret that decision. I've used Easy WDW for my last few trips, and found his advice to be spot on. I even compared the suggested days and park levels on Easy to those given by Touringplans.com for my trip this past March, and found Easy was way more accurate.

I have used TGM in the past, about 3 trips worth, but havent in the past 2-3 years due to outdated info. Why would anyone pay for that when there are others that are, as people have stated, "spot-on" (like Josh, LOVE him!) and FREE!! Whatever the issues are, its sad that people are still into that whn theres SO much more accurate info out there at your fingertips that doesnt cost anything..here comes the subliminal messege: (easywdw.com)

I have always been a huge TGM supporter, having used his site for years. I cannot in good faith anymore recommend his site to people who are NEW to Disney. If you are familiar with Disney, you can still find some useful info, especially on the forums. However, if you are new to Disney, the site is so out of date. I used it only for his Least Crowded Parks guide up until recently. Once my membership runs out, I will not be renewing. I understand and sympathize with his issues of depression. I feel sorry for him in that aspect but to continue taking people's money for a service he is no longer providing is wrong.

How sad! I hope he gets well soon - not only for his sake, but because the service he's provided in the past is really awesome.

My mother was a big fan of his site, now she recommends people that shes knows not to use it. Such a sad story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter