Tour Guide Mike....

elastigirlfan

DIS Veteran
I just found out about Tour Guide Mike - we leave in 8 days for WDW. How many would recommend his tour guide info? and would it be useful to me since we are leaving in 8 days? and is it any different than the other guide books I have - Unofficial guide and Birnbaums. I was just on the Tour Guide Mike website and it looked really good but I'm skeptical especially since we leave so soon. Any thoughts, advice would be greatly appreciated!! :flower:

TGM does have an Express Planning portion for people like yourself who sign up right before their trip.

I personally like the site and find it really useful, even after being there every year for the past 5 years. I will not use the info until Sept though, so I can't give you an opinion based on my usage at the parks.

Will you have time to read the info before your trip? I think that is a major factor.

TGM is great and saved us loads of time in the past and I am currently using him for our August trip. He offers great suggestions and was right on in so many instances! Go for it!!

It depends on how much preplanning you have done! and TGM also is only good for 2 weeks after your stay, so if you plan on going next year, you'll need to rejoin...

This site, allearsnet, passporter.com, http://www.touringplans.com/ (which has a list of Best Days) the Unofficial Guide book, and passporter books, (which you can check out at the library)... all for me are better "deals" for me and my family. You get to decide, but there are a lot of 'satisfied' customers here, and lots that dont use TGM, all report success in the park with preplanning!

elastigirlfan said:
I just found out about Tour Guide Mike - we leave in 8 days for WDW. How many would recommend his tour guide info? and would it be useful to me since we are leaving in 8 days? and is it any different than the other guide books I have - Unofficial guide and Birnbaums. I was just on the Tour Guide Mike website and it looked really good but I'm skeptical especially since we leave so soon. Any thoughts, advice would be greatly appreciated!! :flower:

Nevermind. I misunderstood the question.

We just used TGM for our June 29-July 6th trip. I bought it 2 weeks before we left. If you take the time to really study what he says and why he says it, its money well spent. Even July 4th we never waited for any ride longer than 15 minutes!!!

All I can say is that I think it will be money worth spending even this close to your trip. He does have the express planner that will help you pinpoint the main things he has to say and be sure to take a look at the trip reports in the forum section of his site. I learned a lot from people who posted how well his plans worked for them especially during this busy time of the year.

We just got back and had a really wonderful time. I am certain we wouldn't have had as good of time without his info. We never waited in lines for anything, did all that was important to us in all four parks, and felt like we had a real, restful and fun, fun, fun vacation.

I used Tour Guide Mike on our Novemember 2003 trip. Granted it was not real busy the week before Thanksgiving but with his information we were able to do everything we wanted and not feel rushed. On one day I talked to a lady while waiting in line for photos at the end of the day. They had waited over 45 minutes for Winnie the Pooh ride. We did it 3 times that day. I am using it again for my trip October 2005 with all the extra magic hour changes and now that my son is older we will spend more time at Epcot. I think it is worth the money. :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter