• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tour Guide Mike?

Super Duper Excited

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard of or used TourGuideMike? I've had a couple of people recommend using it.....but it's $20 or $25.......Im wanting to know if it's worth it. This will be our first trip to DW.
THANKS!

We're planning our eighth trip. I'm done with the maps, the guide books, and the touring plans; but I subscrive to TGM every time. There's much to be learned there for a first timer, but his least crowded days make the trip.

We've always toured with TGM and love it. Think of it this way: Would you be willing to spend $20-$25 on a Disney guide book, or would you rather just stick with Disboards? If you are willing to spend the money on a book, then check out TGM instead. If you don't want to put forth any additional money, then don't. In that case, you wouldn't be happy with the info you found b/c you'd be upset that you spend money on it.

It is worth it on every level for me- the best parks chart alone makes it worth the money for me. We have probably planned about 6 trips using TGM and I have renewed my membership 4 times. I will say that the site is always not updated as much as I would like but I find the charts very valuable - makes my days much less stress free.
I also really like the boards over there - less drama!

It is worth it on every level for me- the best parks chart alone makes it worth the money for me. We have probably planned about 6 trips using TGM and I have renewed my membership 4 times. I will say that the site is always not updated as much as I would like but I find the charts very valuable - makes my days much less stress free.
I also really like the boards over there - less drama!

This is exactly my feelings!

Because this is your first trip, I'd say yes, do it, it will be worth every penny. The best feature is the "what parks to avoid on what day", that alone is worth it.

I'm not a subscriber now, but when I was, for our trip in Nov. 2009, it still had not been updated to show the addition of Toy Story Mania in the Disney Studios. That attraction has made a HUGE difference to how you can expect the crowds to behave, and there is no excuse for him not updating it.

I prefer Touring Plans since they base their information on hard data collected over the last 10-15yrs as opposed to general guidelines.

They also not only have best/worst/neutral park recommendations, but also rate the parks individually on a scale of 1-10. This allows you to choose a non recommended park wisely if the original choice isn't going to work for you.

The Lines app is included in the subscription as well which is a HUGE help in the parks. You can see real time ride wait predictions as well as the current posted wait times as they are posted by other users.

We used the Lines app during our trip last June and it was spot on for EVERY ride! :thumbsup2

Do it! :thumbsup2 I agree 100% with all the PP's :) The least crowded park charts are great to have. And his touring plans work!! I don't think I'll go to Disney without following his plans. :worship: You won't be sorry ;)

For your first trip it is a must! TGM has really smart touring tips that most people only learn after many trips. If it was your 6th trip I'd recommend it for the least crowded park charts only. Keep in mind it's a confusing site to sift thru, but the forums there are very friendly and helpful. Read thru everything as he recommends rather than skipping around to make it easier to navigate.

I'd definately use it for a first trip. Great info and park touring plans. After you've been a couple of times you kind of get the gist of it for yourself, but for a first time trip it's a must.

If you had asked me this previously I would have given a definite yes, but this year I am VERY disappointed with the site. Least crowded Park Charts were not released in time for me to plan my ADRs, the whole website needs some serious updating , is very difficult to navigate and there has been NO COMMUNICATION from Mike at all with numerous questions about when the LCPs will be done.

Sadly, I have asked for a refund. Really disappointed.

I use both TGM and touring plans; for me, they both offer something different. I really like the forums on tlTGM also, and they of course are always current ;). If you decide to try it, use the link through the theme parks forum- he's a sponsor and the link save a couple bucks

Worth every penny, hands down!! Now, it takes a bit to get used to, I mean the format and way it works. Loved it!! Its better to buy when you know your dates, and there are coupons and discounts out there!

D

THANK YOU Everyone for your feedback!

Highwayg.....i'm hoping the site is now updated...if not, are they good about refunding?

I've heard from others that you only have a limited time on TGM....how much time? We go in JUNE....when should I subscribe?

I'm not sure on the entire time limit, but it's at least a year or until your trip. Not real sure on that. He gives you some time after your trip for doing trip reports etc...

I agree with other that the format is a bit odd, but well worth the money for your first trip, might be less helpful for your 3 or more trips etc..

When I used a few years ago it was updated. I would not be happy or recommend the site if it's not updated. He needs to update.

D

On our first family trip to WDW right now and TGM strategies have been invaluable to us. DH thought I was crazy in all my planning but he's spent the last two days bragging about TGM and our touring plans. We've ridden everything we wanted the last two days (MK and Epcot) and not waited more than 10 minutes for anything. And it's Spring Break!

I don't think Touring Plans and TGM are mutually exclusive. I used both to plan our itinerary; had no problems scheduling days in parks that both sites recommended. I think we spent a total of $40 for subscriptions to both, and DH and I agree it's been absolutely worth it.

I do wish TGM would update the site and make it less confusing, but still I highly recommend it. The forums alone are worth it; you can post your touring plan for each park and the resident experts will fine tune it for you. They're also honest without being mean--e.g. they'll tell you when your lpans are unrealistic and help you make the most of the entire visit.

I am going to go against the grain here and say I didn't like it. I wouldn't do it again. Most of the information is common knowledge, and other information is easy to figure out if you dig a little. I would try touring plans first, if I was going to use one, though I don't use either one, and we always have a great trip.

I have used it on our last 3 trips. His schedule of which parks on which day is always right on. We have never waited more than 15 minutes for any ride. I would absolutely recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter