• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tough to be a bug fast pass

jamaniza

Earning My Ears
Going to Disney 8/20-8/30...did not get a fast pass for It's Tough to Be a Bug (one of our favorite attractions) thinking we probably did not need one. Now all fast passes are gone! Anyone know if easy to get in through standby line? Making myself crazy with these fast passes. Thanks!

Going to Disney 8/20-8/30...did not get a fast pass for It's Tough to Be a Bug (one of our favorite attractions) thinking we probably did not need one. Now all fast passes are gone! Anyone know if easy to get in through standby line? Making myself crazy with these fast passes. Thanks!

They may not be released yet as it's closed for rehab until 8-11. I'd check again around that date.

I don't know what the renovations will bring, but I can tell you that the DDs were able to walk in without much wait mid-June around 2pm. They said that the FP+ line looked long, but there was plenty of seating for their SB side.

The line seems long but moves fast. The theater has a large capacity, so it will eat a lot of people. You will basically wait in the line portion through one showing. Then they will take everyone from the cave area into the theater and your line will move to the cave. The show is 8 minutes long, so you will probably wait through 2 shows (maybe 3 if it is very crowded, and factor in load time). It goes pretty fast really.

No stress, the line moves fast and if you do that in the afternoon, all the early people will have been on, done, and gone. Plus, the theatre is huge. Of all the Animal Kingdom attractions, this is one I would not use a FastPass on.

Hardly ever a wait for this. Sometimes getting in the FP line for attractions that have low wait times can actually be LONGER than the regular standby line. Skip this FP.

Sometimes, early in the day- because it is near the entrance, it is the first stop some folks make.

Late in the day, so long as it is not parade time, we have always had short waits.

As others have said, it probably has more to do with the attraction being in rehab.

I just received an email stating that my FP+ for It's Tough to Be a Bug was cancelled due to the schedule and it was replaced with another attraction instead of a different time. I tried to manually change it back to another time, but it just wasn't available. I see that this show is scheduled for a refurb through mid-August. Does anyone know if it was extended for another month or so (my FP+ was for 9/19)?

I just received an email stating that my FP+ for It's Tough to Be a Bug was cancelled due to the schedule and it was replaced with another attraction instead of a different time. I tried to manually change it back to another time, but it just wasn't available. I see that this show is scheduled for a refurb through mid-August. Does anyone know if it was extended for another month or so (my FP+ was for 9/19)?

I just got the same e-mail. I knew the quickest way to find the answer was to come here! Thanks, mousemommy!

I believe the rehab that was scheduled to be completed in August is taking longer than expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter