Totally Scammed!"Relive the Magic" DVD set is a Rip off!

K'smom

Earning My Ears
I was so stupid and normally NEVER buy anything that doesn't look legit BUT I had my moment now...
I purchased the 8 DVD set of "Relive the Magic" and was sent a bunch of blank dvds in a white envelope! When I researched this on Google just now they don't give it good reviews but do diss the quality. I was surprised to hear that somepeople actually get to see something on their dvd set! I am quite sure I'll never hear from these people again but it's what I get for buying on impulse!
I was at a chat board on Disney stuff (can't remember which one!!) and someone was completely plugging this set and was saying that it was such a good deal now compared to what he paid. Google tells us that these people are paid to put these comments on the chat boards. UGh!!
Be WARNed!! Do not buy these DVDS!
Feeling rediculous,
K'smom

I was so stupid and normally NEVER buy anything that doesn't look legit BUT I had my moment now...
I purchased the 8 DVD set of "Relive the Magic" and was sent a bunch of blank dvds in a white envelope! When I researched this on Google just now they don't give it good reviews but do diss the quality. I was surprised to hear that somepeople actually get to see something on their dvd set! I am quite sure I'll never hear from these people again but it's what I get for buying on impulse!
I was at a chat board on Disney stuff (can't remember which one!!) and someone was completely plugging this set and was saying that it was such a good deal now compared to what he paid. Google tells us that these people are paid to put these comments on the chat boards. UGh!!
Be WARNed!! Do not buy these DVDS!
Feeling rediculous,
K'smom

Sorry to hear that.
How do you know they are blank?

Some set-top or portable DVD players can't play "burned" DVD's.

Try putting them into a COMPUTER's DVD disk drive/player and see if they play that way.

Also, try other DVD players, in general.

Then post back.

My dvd player isnt' that old, but it could be that they don't play burned dvds! The website NEVER mentions that they are burned though- Dont' you think that's WRONG? I knew it wasn't a DISNEY item, but this is not what I expected at all.
I'll try the computer and let you know- but I'll bet you're right and it will play it!
K'smom

Before you start screaming SCAMMED

Have you actually contacted the vendor regarding this? If not then I don't think you can call it a scam. Now if you have and they won't work with you then that's fine to call it that.

I personally have a friend who has the set and hers seems to work fine. Now it's a person's "home videos" so don't expect world class quality, but from what I remember on their page that's pretty apparent.

Yours isn't the first bad review of the "Relive the Magic" DVDs I've seen. Plenty of other people have complained about their discs not working, and of the general poor quality of the video itself (lots of camera shaking). I personally haven't seen any of the DVDs, but as with all things on the internet: Caveat Emptor.

Look at the shiny side of the disc, is there a smaller circle of slightly lighter colour on it?
dvd.jpg

This is data on the disc, and for a dvd the light colour should extend closer to the perimeter of the disc =) Just a quick way to check

I just got mine and I think I got exactly what I paid for. I only paid $9 and got a bunch of discs with a bunch of rides/parades/shows that look as if I did them myself. I haven't watched them all yet, but of the three so far I am quite content. Yes, they are not the best quality and there's some shaking and jerking around, but for the price I kind of expected it.

These will EASILY help me and my two daughters get through the time from our first trip last april until we go again which probably won't be for another couple of years.

I got mine late last fall, it's not the greatest but at least I did have to carry and film everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter