Totally OT: What to get a nine year old boy who is moving out of State?

kpsteffey

Mouseketeer
My son has a very good friend that is moving to Florida. I would like to get him something before he goes but am unsure of what to get. I was thinking of a t shirt with the s:) chool name and logo. Unsure if this is a good idea. Any help would be appretiated.

One of my Girl Scouts moved and we got her a book about moving, an address book with all of the girl's names, birthdays and addresses in it and a stationary set for younger girls. We got her a GS shirt with our council name on it and later I thought that wasn't a great idea since she would be in a different council at her new location. I think a shirt would be a cute idea too, maybe have all of his friends sign it as a going away gift. Since he will have a different school and logo where he's going.

How about a book from the state he is moving from? We are military and we always enjoy looking back at books as to where we've been.

Don't forget to add a prepaid phone card so they can keep in touch:goodvibes

We did the picture on a tee shirt when we moved for my son's best friend. And the friend gave my son a state quarters map with some of the quarters in it and they vowed to collect them together. A reason for them to mail each other. (they were 6 at the time)

We bought a cheap webcam for my daughter's best friend when we moved. We already had one and they were able to go online and see each other and chat once we were gone.

A shirt with a school logo didn't help my kids when we moved - they didn't feel comfortable wearing it. A state or city shirt would have been good. A 'sports' t with everyone's signature was a big hit (the entire basketball team signed a shirt with a basketball logo). Mostly my kids love looking at pictures of their friends' faces. Emails are faster (and cheaper) than letters so the kids don't write often.

What about something from the place he is moving to? Is there a MLB or NFL team? That would have been a big hit as well since there have been Rams Days and Cardinal Days at school. We still don't have anything with the Rams on it! LOL

Hope that helps!

How about a Webkinz stuffed animal. My son has several and once you own one you register them online and you can build them a house, feed them, etc. for free. However, the best part is that his friends also get on line and play with each other in their virtual homes and also against each other in games. The games are all fun and educational. No violence allowed. This would be a great way to stay in touch with out continued costs. Webkinzs cost $12 and Lilkinz are $9. It is a craze around here like beanie babies were.

One of my Girl Scouts moved and we got her a book about moving, an address book with all of the girl's names, birthdays and addresses in it and a stationary set for younger girls. We got her a GS shirt with our council name on it and later I thought that wasn't a great idea since she would be in a different council at her new location. I think a shirt would be a cute idea too, maybe have all of his friends sign it as a going away gift. Since he will have a different school and logo where he's going.

I like these ideas! Also I think I'd look into some clubs, cool places, and things to do in Fla. near where he'll be living. Jot it down and stick it in the book about moving. That will give him some things to look forward to. :)

How about an invite to go to WDW with you the next time you visit? The friends could get together and it would be a really special thing to look forward to.

Just make sure his parents are in agreement before you tell him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter