Totally OT- Nintendo DS availability??

susykt4

DIS Veteran
I was hoping to buy a Nintendo DS as a birthday gift for a February birthday, but they're out of stock everywhere I've looked. I know NOTHING about video games. Are these things as hard to come by as the Wii? I know it's right after Christmas, but is it possible they'll be stocked soonish?

Thanks,
Susy

As far as I know they can be found- i was just in target the other day and saw them there, unless of course you are looking for a specific color. Try your local, TRU, Target, Best Buy, or Game Stop. They are all the same price.

My daughter lost her DS on the plane flight back from WDW in December. We looked around for about a month and finally succumbed to the fact that it's lost. Now we can't find them anywhere. I've called all around and the only place I can see them are overpriced markups on eBay. I hope they relieve the backorder soon.

I was in the binghamton, NY mall yesterday and there were plenty of Nintendo DS's. I even found them in pink.. I beleive they were 125 or 129. I kept showing them to my DD and saying.. see how expensive they are.. break yours and you don't get another! LOL.. she has fits when losing in her pokemon game. She bangs the game, hits her head with it... We have put it inside that NERF protector, so hopefully it will survive her attacks!

We actually went looking for Wii's and have been unable to find those!

I couldn't find one either, until I posted about it here on the disboards. Some one told me to try newegg.com. I was able to get a polar white one for my dd's February 5th birthday. No tax and about $7 shipping - it arrived in 3 days. Good luck!

I couldn't find one either, until I posted about it here on the disboards. Some one told me to try newegg.com. I was able to get a polar white one for my dd's February 5th birthday. No tax and about $7 shipping - it arrived in 3 days. Good luck!
newegg is out of stock. I checked them the other day.

I forgot to mention that anything but coral pink will be a huge disappointment. :)

After doing some reading it appears Nintendo is trying to get them back at stores toward end of January or early February.

wiialerts.com is now tracking DS's in the various colors. If you set it up so it text messages your cell and you're lucky enought to be near a computer when one becomes available, you may have some luck. I was able to get 2 wii's for relatives and one for a coworker from Amazon thanks to the alerts.

wiialerts.com is now tracking DS's in the various colors. If you set it up so it text messages your cell and you're lucky enought to be near a computer when one becomes available, you may have some luck. I was able to get 2 wii's for relatives and one for a coworker from Amazon thanks to the alerts.

Thanks for the tip.

wiialerts.com came through. A pink DS was available this morning through Circuit City (online only). It's on the way! :thumbsup2

I was hoping to buy a Nintendo DS as a birthday gift for a February birthday, but they're out of stock everywhere I've looked. I know NOTHING about video games. Are these things as hard to come by as the Wii? I know it's right after Christmas, but is it possible they'll be stocked soonish?

Thanks,
Susy

That's odd. They're available here. Sometimes a hot package (like Zelda) will be hard to come by, but there's not a shortage overall. Gamestop.com has refurbished units for $79.99.

My son fell Thursday while holding his older style DS, yep...it broke. My mom said to get him another one (thanks mom) and I can't find one at all BUT I did see a cool cobalt blue and black one will be released in Feb. I keep calling my local Gamestop but they aren't doing pre-orders yet. Curcuit City had it on their website for a day and took it down. Hopefully it will be back up again soon!

Radio Shack...go to their website and they will tell you what store has them in stock

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter