Totally OT: Can anyone tell what kind of tree this is?

The Iron Giant

Keep on Rockin’ in the Disney World
Can anyone tell me the name of the evergreen looking tree in this photo?

I can't find it at any nurseries and since I don't know the name I can't call around to see if anyone carries it.

IMG_0598-1.jpg

I would guess some type of a spruce. It doesn't look to be blue spruce and I think they don't recommend planting these as they are disease prone.

I was guessing you were in NJ as a bunch of my neighbors have these.

If I see one outside I'll ask what it's called- but I'm guessing if you say - Yellowish Droopy needle evergeen they'll know what it is. The ones that get bigger are more wirey- (open) if that helps at all.
Good luck - it's pretty common out here so I am thinking you should be able to find it just by looking around at the garden center.
A CLOSE UP of the "pine" part would be helpful.

Another vote for Leyland Cypress here. They can get really big if left uncut. I'm not sure if you would want to get more that close to your house. Why don't you take the picture to your local nursery and talk to the staff there? They can probably positively identify it for you and give you tips on using it for your landscaping.
Good Luck :goodvibes

I think it is a type of cypress but not a Leyland Cypress, which can reach 40 feet tall.

I agree... Leyland Cypress grow like 3 feet a year and this tree is only about 8 feet tall after 5 years.

I will take a photo to the nursery, but i figured someone here might be an expert :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter