Totally off Dis subject but amusing...

lindsnlogansmom

Earning My Ears
A relative of mine..I won't mention which one was looking at US magazine today. I guess a very famous celebrity is dating someone she doesn't consider worthy. She jumped on her high horse to say..."OMG can you believe SHE is dating him?" I laughed because there is nothing wrong with the guy, however, it made me ask this question. If we were celebrities what would everyone think of our choice of a spouse, boyfriend, significant other? I laughed. I love my hubby, he is great. BUT what would the world say? Just a thought.

"If we were celebrities what would everyone think of our choice of a spouse, boyfriend, significant other? I laughed. I love my hubby, he is great. BUT what would the world say? Just a thought."

I don't know what the world would think of Robert, but I think that I would get lumped in with Kate from Jon and Kate plus 8. Most of our friends go crazy listening to our communication and think we are arguing when we are simply having a detailed conversation. We started off with pretty bad communication problems and had to cancel our planned wedding to get some counseling (he got individual then later we got couples counseling) to learn how to communicate with each other. It's more talking than most of our friends do for simple things, but we *have to* do it otherwise important things aren't said, or one of us will feel misunderstood, mis-heard, or that we're being pushed into something.

Two days before our wedding, we were discussing something about the rehearsal dinner (which wasn't actually planned yet, and I was saying "oh let's just go to this place" while hubby was saying "no I think I can finagle them into letting us use their banquet room") and my maid of honor (former best friend) nearly got us into a spitting yelling nasty argument, because SHE was tired of hearing us talk about it...we quickly remembered we weren't made at each other at all and we were fine talking about it in such detail, but it just really brought home how others see us!

So that's probably how we would be seen to others...as Jon and Kate. And we only have the one kid at this point! :eek: :rotfl:

A relative of mine..I won't mention which one was looking at US magazine today. I guess a very famous celebrity is dating someone she doesn't consider worthy. She jumped on her high horse to say..."OMG can you believe SHE is dating him?" I laughed because there is nothing wrong with the guy, however, it made me ask this question. If we were celebrities what would everyone think of our choice of a spouse, boyfriend, significant other? I laughed. I love my hubby, he is great. BUT what would the world say? Just a thought.

Oh, I think people would say my DH isn't "worthy". When we got married (after dating for all 4 years of college) he was still a manager at a fast food joint while he finished up his courses. He had an old pickup truck and not much else. I suspect many of my friends wondered why I was marrying this guy who didn't seem to have a lot going for him. Now, of course, he has a great job and is doing very well, career-wise. It just took him awhile to find his place in the world. He is charming as all get out, and everybody who knows him, loves him. And while I think he's a cutie, :cloud9: I admit- his parents should have gotten him braces!

Molly!! OMG! That is Micah and I to a T! LOL We over discuss sometimes and our friends think we are mad but we aren't! LOL Even the kids will do it, try to stop us from *fighting* when we are just talking. I wouldn't change him, I love so much and know I'm very lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter