Totally bummin' and would appreciate some advice.

TypeADisneyDude

Cannot Read Enough Disney Guides
Hi all. Yesterday my partner and I broke up. We had been together for about a year, and I thought everything was going well. We were planning on moving in together this summer, and had booked a WDW vacation together in the fall. Yesterday he told me that he missed the novelty of a new relationship and missed the feeling of being persued or chased. He also said that he had been talking to another person online for about a week, and was feeling "infatuated" with this person.

I am still in shock and am still processing. It also kills me to think about canceling the Disney trip, but I'm scared that if I still went all I would be able to think about is how much I miss him. What would y'all do?

Based solely on this information, I think you may have dodged a bullet.

I'd say, keep the trip (if it "kills" you to think about canceling), but bring a friend long with you.

If you had never been to Disney with him before, then I would def say go. You won't have "previous" memories to dwell on. You'll be making new ones and hopefully some new friends.

And, yeah, you dodged a bullet there with your ex...

I'm not exactly the poster boy for long-term relationships (and that's a whole 'nother thread :lmao::lmao::lmao:), but given only what you've said here, I agree with the PP's who think that you may have dodged a bullet.

As for going to WDW, another option is to go solo on the trip. Imagine waking up in the morning at WDW and having no plans except for whatever it is that you want to do -- ride what you want to ride, eat where and when you want to eat, lounge by the pool when you want to lounge by the pool. It's incredibly self-indulgent, and it sounds to me like you deserve a treat for yourself.

Give yourself some time. You will probably feel differently in a week or month. Take a friend and go to WDW, you might find this is just what you need. By the way...what a line. You're better off without this person especially if you are not in the same place. (JUST MY OPINION)

You are lucky to have found this out now before you had invested more time (and money) into this guy. (I guess it isn't a surprise I have been burned in past relationships.)
Go to Disney, enjoy yourself, and if you are feeling down, which I am guessing you won't since you have a few months to get over ex-bf, look around you and remind yourself that he lost out.
Good luck!

Missing the novelty of a new relationship is one excuse for breaking up I've never heard. What a winner you had there. Be glad it's over. I know you're missing him right now, but you can and will do better. If you can find someone you'll have a great time with to go to WDW, definitely go.

If not, and it's more than 45 days out, just have them hold your deposit and apply it to a new reservation once you've found a new man :) Good luck to you.

I agree with everyone else, you've dodged a bullet. Is this guy related to Victor Newmand and once he has something he doesn't want it anymore. What I wouldn't give to be in a stable relationship.... Go to WDW solo or with a friend.

Hi All - thanks for the perspective, I really appreciate it. I am still going to go ahead with the trip, whether it be with a friend or solo. Thanks!

I would say definately go to WDW! Trust me when I say your feelings will have changed by the fall. I'm not saying you won't have feelings for him, but they won't be as strong as they are now and you will enjoy the trip! Take a friend or go solo. I think I prefer solo trips...LOL As a PP said I can do what I want, when I want and eat what I want. Walk as fast or as slow as I want and on and on and on. :rotfl:

I'm coming out of relationship too and three months ago thought it was the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Today, I feel like I made the right decision to end the relationship and couldn't be happier. No one can say how much time you'll need, but for me it took 2 1/2 months and seeing my ex in person before I realized I made the right decision.

I don't think the cute guy at the gym had any affect. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter