Total Newbie!

Tammydc30

Mouseketeer
I have never taken a cruise of any kind ever. We have visited Disney parks for 6 years now and would love to try the cruise. I have no idea what I am doing. Sounds like you guys are pros. Is there a link to find everything I need to know? I have been reading and learning a little. Still confused about which rooms to pick, what deck, and dinning.

We would like to book a stateroom with the large porthole for viewing, can someone tell me a good area to look for? We are not sailing until 2012. When should I start looking to book to make sure I get the room I want?

Dinning, is this all included? Do I need to make reservations way in advance, like in the parks? Are adult beverages included or is this extra? I need lots of info. Can you guys help?:worship:

2012 isn't even booking yet. I'd suggest that now you might want to look for a great TA who specializes in DCL who will talk to you and answer your many questions. The stick posts at the top here will answer many of your questions.

You do not need to make dining reservations unless you want to dine in one of the adult only restaurants. The current charge for these is $15 per person. All other food is included. Soda is free in the dining rooms or beverage station. Alcohol, smoothies, specialty coffees, virgin drinks carry a charge...but tea, coffee, fruit juices, milk, etc. are free.

Booking for 2012 will probably start in the fall of 2010.

Hey Tammy,

We're new to cruising too. There is lots to learn but you've got lots of time. Reading this thread regularly has me (mostly) up to speed. lol

You didn't mention preference for where you want the cruise to take you? Short Bahamas? Longer Caribbean? Europe?

We're scheduled for a short Bahamas in Sept. We need to find out if DW gets seasick. :rotfl:

Good luck!

We are still undecided. Leaning more toward a short 4 day cruise. Short trip, less expensive, to learn the ropes and longer trip once we've learned more. I knew the boards here would be a great help. Good luck to you and your family.

You couldn't have picked a better line to take your first cruise with. Disney Cruise Lines maintains the same EXCEPTIONAL standards that you see in the parks.

Until 2012 booking opens up, keep checking these message boards and other sites (do a google search for Disney Cruise Line Info or Tips or Advice) and you will find several other sites that have great info! The DCL website is also a great place to start learning the basics. Take advantage of their free planning videos, brochures, and such to help narrow down exactly what cruise you want, then come back here and get the real details from those who've been there. :D

But no matter what, you can't go wrong with Disney! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter