TOT question

Rafikifan

DIS Veteran
I read a post somewhere that now Tower of Terror has seatbelts for all seats, not just that one in the back/middle. Is this true? I had read so many negative things about the "seatbelt seat" and my first ride on TOT guess what I got? I held on to dh next to me and loved it. Went on the next trip and didn't have that seat and hated it. My behind was raising so far off the seat I thought I was going to get sucked out. Ok, I know that wouldn't happen but it's not good to have that sensation. TIA!

I do believe they all have seatbelts now... Dh and I are fairly certain of it, though aren't positive.

I'm glad because I like to be strapped in if I am going to be scared on a ride....it makes me seem more secure than thinking I'm going to die;)

Yepps! I rode it in March and the change is appreciated by me! I think you get more air time when you have the seatbelt. Funny, I never thought I was going to die on the 128 trips I've made to the Twilight Zone and Back!...and counting!

---Ryan

I was surprised the first time I rode it with just the seabelts that you really don't feel the need to hold on. There are little grab bars between the seats.

HI! I am a CM at ToT and always find it amazing at how intimidated guests are by the seatbelts. I always try to make sure they understand they are secured in the seats once the belts are fastened. We do have handlebars to hold onto that are inbetween the seats, however, the end seats only have one handle bar as opposped to two. If you are seated towards the "cage" end there are handles on teh sides of the cage.

Melissa

Two people I know loved ToT and loved the "jump seat", which was the only one with the seatbelt when they used the lap bars everywhere else. They would keep the seatbelt slightly loose to get more air time. They thought the lap bar was much too confining given they are grown men having the tops of their legs crushed trying to get it down to within a few inches of the kid next to them. I got the impression that connoisseurs of the ride greatly prefered the seatbelt.

I have never been on the ride with the lap bar but I love the seatbelt.

Chuck

From what I understand, the seatbelts were put in starting over last summer. Other than that I am clueless, since I only started there two months ago.

Melissa

Originally posted by Melika77
From what I understand, the seatbelts were put in starting over last summer. Other than that I am clueless, since I only started there two months ago.

Melissa

Melissa - can you ask around and see what the reason was for changing all of the lap bars to seat belts?

Yes we were there two weeks ago and it's all seatbelts. There are little grab handles on the sides of you attached to the seat but don't hold on! It was an absolute blast and I was practically floating in the air!!!

I will check on saturday. I am off today and tomorrow I am working FANTASMIC! and the next time I am to Tower is Saturday. Okay...I will get back to you.

Melissa

Would,love to be in your shoes and get to watch fantasmic on the job!!!!! Think that would be great! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :earseek:

Yeah...lots of people would love my job. I am lucky to be where I am at and sometiems I do need to remind myself of that. Sometimes it also takes others to remind me that I have an awesome job. Thank you for doing just that!

Melissa :wave:

Hi Melissa,:wave: thanks for all the inside info. We'll be there Aug.5-12 and would like to stop by to say "hi".:wave2: Will you be around.:) Thanks

Originally posted by DebbieB
I was surprised the first time I rode it with just the seabelts that you really don't feel the need to hold on. There are little grab bars between the seats.

I definitely felt that need to hold on! I love(d) both incarnations of the ride but felt this one is more floating sensation and I was grabbing for the hand holds after drop #1..not that it stopped me from going back on again and again ;)

Originally posted by TheBellhop
Yepps! I rode it in March and the change is appreciated by me! I think you get more air time when you have the seatbelt. Funny, I never thought I was going to die on the 128 trips I've made to the Twilight Zone and Back!...and counting!

---Ryan

*teases* I've ridden it more than youuuu

I miss the old lap bars/seatbelt. I usually asked for that middle seatbelt and made sure it was plenty loose so I could get air time.

One time my sister and I went (without children!) and rode ToT (well, we rode it 13 times that trip...) and we were seated in a row with a lap bar. The man next to my sister was rather large and while we were lowering the bar my sister turned to him and said "suck it in". I couldn't believe that she said that to a perfect stranger, but his wife thought that was so funny.

Of course we wanted air time so I don't know why she was telling him that.

When we went last visit I had my 4yo with me. We did ToT 5 times (my little guy is very brave!) and I thought that the seatbelts were more secure when little people are riding in the same row as bigger people. The problem for people who like airtime, though, is that the seatbelts tighten up on their own so it's hard to make sure there is some slack.

It's a wonderful ride, though (my favorite from any theme park, anywhere), and my sister has a dream that we'll retire and work there. LOL She's retired now, but I have a very long time before I am. She also has visions of bribing one of the CMs there on a slow day and begging them to let us ride again and again without having to go through the queue each time. Now that sounds great!

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter