• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toss a coin?? (ETA some details)

MomOf2DisneyKids

<font color=9966ff>Scrapbook mommy<br><font color=
I just can't decide! :rolleyes1 Every time I *think* I have decided, I change my mind again!! :blush:

WL :love: ...CR :yay: ...WL :love: ...CR :yay: ...
stayed at WL twice....LOVE it!! But...there's the monorail.....

My dh may kill me if I ask him again :rotfl2: ....so I'll ask you! :teeth: Which would YOU pick??
TIA! :wave:

ETA: ok, here's what I'm thinking...
WL concierge or CR tower-MK view (not concierge).
Does that make a difference in anyone's opinion? :sunny:

We have stayed at both

CR :cool1: all the way.
Day bed - room sleeps 5 - Room is nice and LARGE
Pool- VERY CLEAN - large, 2 for adults, one kiddie pool, nice slide, great views of Bay Lake.
Monorail, Monorail, Monorail, Monorail, Monorail, Monorail, Monorail, Monorail, ...
Chef Mickeys at your finger tips
WONDFERFUL shops on the main floor.
Great food court. BEST family fun center - kids can win prizes
Do not let the room decor scare you - it is cooling to the eyes, very nice and modern.
You can monorail to the GF or Poly in 15 minutes for a meal. :goodvibes

WL - OK - but.... the pool was always dirty while we were there. Our kids got sick from the pool water. We noticed some other kids throwing up too.
Bunkbeds are nice - but the room felt small. We only used the pool once in 7 days. Roaring Forks snack bar can become very crowded at meal times.
Buses ran faily well except a long wait back from MGM Studio's and EPCOT. The boart ride to MK was nice- but took 20 minutes.

go with WL. seems to be your favorite anyway. I personally do not like the theming of the CR at all. just not "disney" to me. I have visited the WL and napped in the lobby :teeth: but have never stayed there, but would like to one day!

have stayed at both,prefer WL but you can take a boat to CR anytime.CR has better gift shops and food choice,WL has better pool.

CR with a MK view - there's nothing like opening the curtains in the morning and gazing at the castle. We've stayed at both and I prefer CR. The monorail sliding through the hotel has a great "cool" factor and the rooms are larger. The decor is not how I would decorate my home but it's cool and relaxing. Try something new! :thumbsup2

We are in the same exact boat. I keep double guessing myself and don't know where we should stay. The WL pool looks great and fun where the CR doesn't look so fun for my toddler who loves swimming and slides. I like the idea of bunk beds at WL and another bed for us. I don't like that it is made to be where I live but in a fakey way. That would be like going on vacation and staying back at home. I wish we could get over it so we could enjoy WL but we are hours from Yellowstone and live in the mountains. We own horses, 43 acres, trees, have fires in our backyard, skeet shoot over our pond that we fish in, etc. It would be like home.

DH says when he goes to Florida he wants to feel like he is in Florida.

We are going to keep ours at the CR because of the monorail. My DS loves trains and it is a short walk to MK. He naps and quick exit or entry will be a plus.

However, if the Step son doesn't come with us, we are back to mod. Urg.

I hope you do what is best for you and don't worry, it will be fine in the end.

tacomaranch said:
We are in the same exact boat. I keep double guessing myself and don't know where we should stay.
it's such a tough decision! :) (aaaah, if only all decisions in life were this hard... :teeth: )

ps--love your spectrum tag! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter