• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tortuga Tavern

mom3teach3

Mouseketeer
I have an upcoming trip in June and my family would like to try a quick service dinner at Tortuga Tavern. We go to Disney World every other year and have been doing this for the past 7 years... with that said.... we go in March on our spring break and have never seen this restaurant open. I have heard it is "seasonal." Since we are going in June does that mean we have a good chance of catching it open? For those of you who have eaten there.... is it good? What do you recommend? We have eaten at all other counter services in MK. Thank you...

We really enjoy it and it is a must do stop for us each trip. It closes early and is only open for lunch - or has been in our past trips which have been September/October. I think it closes around 3 pm so dinner is not an option. Perhaps you could do an early lunch? We like to have a late breakfast/early lunch as soon as they open and while it is still quiet.

Well I guess we're out of luck... we have a fast pass for lunch at BOG so we were hoping to hit up Tortuga for dinner... oh well... maybe next time. Thanks for the tip.

It's generally open just for lunch...would be highly unusual to see it open for dinner.

We always loved this place, but we normally travel in October, and have not been lucky the last several years in finding this place open.

I don't understand why its only open seasonally.

Pecos Bills gets really crowded, even in value season.

They could use another restaurant in that area.

You just never know - don't plan on it, and let yourself be pleasantly surprised if it happens. We were there on one of the busiest weeks of summer 2011, and it stayed closed the whole time.

It was open for lunch when we were there the first week of April. I am not sure about dinner though.

I've never see this place open either. In fact, I've never even looked to see what they would have to offer if they were open. Maybe we will get lucky and see it open this trip since we are going in a more seasonal time.

It does have VERY short operating hours, usually about 11:30 to 2:00 p.m. It shares a kitchen with Pecos Bills. We share the Taco salad and fixin's bar every trip. If you check the little Times flyer they give when you enter MK, it will say if it is open and what the hours are that day. :goodvibes

I've never see this place open either. In fact, I've never even looked to see what they would have to offer if they were open. Maybe we will get lucky and see it open this trip since we are going in a more seasonal time.

You really are not missing much. Seems to be loved here, but really it's nothing special. It's inexpensive and that's why it's probably so well liked.

It does have VERY short operating hours, usually about 11:30 to 2:00 p.m. It shares a kitchen with Pecos Bills. We share the Taco salad and fixin's bar every trip. If you check the little Times flyer they give when you enter MK, it will say if it is open and what the hours are that day. :goodvibes

Since they share a kitchen, is the Taco Salad at Pecos Bill's the same as the Taco Salad they server at Tortuga Tavern?

This is one thing that does annoy me about WDW - they have all these closed-up restaurants sitting empty most of the time, but then the walkways are clogged up with so many food vending carts they're a traffic nuisance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter