Tortilla Joe's or Naples?

pixiemomof3

Mouseketeer
I will be using my $30 patina certficate this month and can't decided between tortilla joe's or Naples pizzeria.I have not eaten at either one. We like pizza and mexican food, no preference here.

I would like to hear what experiences were had at these two so I can make reservations and decided asap.

I was thinking pizza might be cheaper, a family pizza is about $45, so paying the difference for the pizza and then drinks would'nt be much more,
where as at Tortilla Joe's the meals are around $17-$18 each and there will be 6 of us eating, so It seems it would cost alot more unless they are big enough to split. I need reservations so I do not think I can use it at the taqueria area.

Is the food any good at either of these places?

We usually eat at both of these restaurants in DTD because Mexican and Pizza seem to be our favorites. Although the actual bill at Tortilla Jo's might be more, I seem to always feel ripped-off from Naples. Maybe it is my perception that we spent that much money for an average cheese pizza. Whereas at Tortilla Jo's, I feel like I got a good, generous-sized Mexican meal with rice and beans, etc. Not just a few slices of cheese pizza. But either way, I'm sure we'll be back at both again on our next trip!

I've eaten at both. Love them both! LOL The meals at Tortilla Joes ARE big enough to share, btw! The hubs and I always do, also remember that since it's a mexican restaurant, you get those yummy FREE chips and salsa too. Naples is tasty too, excellent food. Love their pasta and their pizza is great too. ;)

Both are great options. I would give the nod slightly to Tortilla Jo's. But you will not go wrong either way.

:wizard:

They both sound good! Is the family size pizza enough to feed 6 people though, how many slices? Is it average tasting pizza, like something you could get at round table? I have reservations at tortilla joes but still thinking between the two.

We are using our $30 at Naples. It's not just your average pizza place. Loved the thin fresh tasting pizza in my opinion.

My family's favorite is Tortilla Jo's!

We don't care for Naples at all :(

I would go to Naples, the two times I've eaten at TJ's I've been sick after. :(

I've eaten at both. Love them both! LOL The meals at Tortilla Joes ARE big enough to share, btw! The hubs and I always do, also remember that since it's a mexican restaurant, you get those yummy FREE chips and salsa too. Naples is tasty too, excellent food. Love their pasta and their pizza is great too. ;)

Hi! I'm a new member and am planning our first large family trip (22 of us in total!) to Disneyland in October. I've heard about this $30 food voucher and had a few questions someone might be able to help us with?

1. Can you use one food voucher at Tortilla Joes after having signed up under one email address and then another at Naples Pizzeria using a different email address?

2. What are conditions surrounding the voucher (i.e. $30 does not cover beverages, etc.).

Thank you so much for any help you're able to offer. Have a great day!

It largely depends on what kind of pizza you like and what kind of mexican you like.

Naples is a thin crust pizza - in other words, not a pizza according to me ;)
with that said, so long as I'm in the mood for thin crust, I'll do it. My DW loves it, so it's a must each time we go. I "suffer" through the food.:rotfl2:

Tortilla Joe's is american mex. It doesn't have that authentic feel to it (if you have a local mexican joint ran by first generation mexican's, you'll know the difference). It's not terrible, but to me it also isn't "mexican". Good, but not great.

To sum up the rant: If you like your pie with a deep dish and crust, Naples probably isn't for you. If you like thin, go

Similarly, if you like your mexican more authentic with that extra zing, don't go to Tortilla Joes. If you prefer the safer (I guess that's the right word) american mex, go there.

If that doesn't help, I'd vote for Naples just to add to the tally sheet

Tortilla Joes is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tortilla Jo's is not "garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". It's very much in line with other table-service restaurants around Disneyland. There are better restaurants, sure. However, if you set your expectations realistically, either restaurant is fine.

To sum up the rant: If you like your pie with a deep dish and crust, Naples probably isn't for you. If you like thin, go

Similarly, if you like your mexican more authentic with that extra zing, don't go to Tortilla Joes. If you prefer the safer (I guess that's the right word) american mex, go there.
Perfect summary of the two, IMO. :thumbsup2

Did both 2 weeks ago. Both were good. Service @ Naples was iffy since we switched servers during dinner. Who plans a shift change during the dinner rush? :confused3 :mad:

-Kevin

We've only eaten at Naples, and loved it BTW, but we will probably try TJ on the next trip.

I think both are fine. I like the thin-crust pizzas and the salads are good at Naples. I think portions are probably bigger and more filling at Tortilla Jo's, and definitely split-able. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter