Tornado South of FtW 8/22/08

des1954

DIS Veteran
A tornado touched down just south of FtW yesterday nite at 7:15pm. We were on our way back from Epcot at that time and drove thru a nasty rainstorm with a greenish-black sky & commented that a tornado had to have spawned out of that cloud. Little did I know how right we were.

It damaged five mobile homes, a small bridge, and some trees, and downed some power lines. No one was injured, but one family lost their home. The rain made driving on I-4 almost impossible.

Here's a link to some pictures:

http://media.myfoxtampabay.com/galleries/PolkTornado/

look at how the trailers were attracting that tornadeh

I have theorized for a long long time that all of that aluminum in one place throws off the magnetic pole and causes tornadoes to veer TOWARDS a trailer park. All other things being equal, its heading for the trailer.

The tornado hit about 30 miles south of FtW. Witnesses said it came out of nowhere & the local TV weather satellites and doppler radar never even registered it.

Scott - you are so right about mobile home parks being tornado magnets! It's like all the "little wind molecules" all scream...."There's a park! Let's go!!":rotfl2:

The tornado hit about 30 miles south of FtW. Witnesses said it came out of nowhere & the local TV weather satellites and doppler radar never even registered it.

Scott - you are so right about mobile home parks being tornado magnets! It's like all the "little wind molecules" all scream...."There's a park! Let's go!!":rotfl2:

It's amazing how many things come out of nowhere. My troopies used to be victimized by nowhere all the time - "that tree came out of nowhere. that rock came out of nowhere. that IG complaint came out of nowhere." Now tornadoes are coming from there. Man, I hope I never go there. It's full of tornadoes and trees and rocks and IG complaints.

I have theorized for a long long time that all of that aluminum in one place throws off the magnetic pole and causes tornadoes to veer TOWARDS a trailer park. All other things being equal, its heading for the trailer.

All of us better get rid of the collection of aluminum beer cans we've been saving ! :rotfl:

All of us better get rid of the collection of aluminum beer cans we've been saving ! :rotfl:

At least take down that beer can pyramid you've been working on and scatter them about the yard so they're less of a target.

It's amazing how many things come out of nowhere. My troopies used to be victimized by nowhere all the time - "that tree came out of nowhere. that rock came out of nowhere. that IG complaint came out of nowhere." Now tornadoes are coming from there. Man, I hope I never go there. It's full of tornadoes and trees and rocks and IG complaints.

The other amazing fact is... when your household grows from one to two or more children... you also gain the "unseen children" named: "I dunno, and not me!" As in..."Who left the milk in the fridge with only one sip left?" I DUNNO! "Who left the tools out in the yard?" I DUNNO! "Who left the door open?" I DUNNO! "Who wants to help unload groceries?" NOT ME! "Who left these toys all over the place?" NOT ME! Here's one from the past.... "Who didn't refill the ice cube trays?" Either I DUNNO or NOT ME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter