Tornado kills at least 5 in NC

where was this???

We have a tornado warning 'til like 11am!! :guilty:

Per www.cnn.com

A tornado kills at least five people in North Carolina, the Columbus County sheriff tells CNN affiliate WECT TV.

It's still breaking news so there is no other details available yet.

this is just lovely, DH and I are moving to NC in February to the Charlotte area. My best friend already lives in NC in Kannapolis, she is doing well, she got somw of the tornando,but not the worst part I guess. Her house is still standing :thumbsup2

It was in Columbus County, which is in the Southeastern part of NC, near Lumberton. I believe that area is flat and more prone for tornados. We're doing ok here in Raleigh...just a ton of rain.

I'm west of Charlotte. We just got rain and some wind. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad here as we thought it was going to be.

I am just south of Charlotte and we got wind (still windy) and a ton and a half of rain but that was it thank goodness.

I'm north of Raleigh, rain and wind right now!

We experienced SOME heavy rain and wind last night but not that much. Although tragedies can happen, tornado problems in NC are pretty uncommon.

I live just southeast of Charlotte and I second what kaabost said. Tornadoes aren't that common here. Honestly, I don't think we get that many storms. I was born and raised in South Louisiana until 2002. THAT is the place with storms!!! It isn't that bad here at all.
Yes, last night we got heavy rain and strong winds. The worst weather was to the west of us. I am so sorry for those that experienced it. It is still windy today. The leaves are all over the ground. The weather is clearing up though. I even see some blue sky now!!!!! :thumbsup2
2sweetangels, do you know which area near Charlotte you will be moving to? Maybe we can meet. I live in Union County.

I'm here on the east side of the state. Things are really windy right now and I've stayed tuned into the news. Gov. Easley will be there around 3:30 with assistance for Columbus county. He has confirmed over the Raleigh station that 7 are dead and another 7 in the New Hanover county hosptial. 5 of the 7 are children and 4 of those 5 are in critical condition :guilty:

Very sad news. :(

The storms that passed through here (southeastern SC) last night around midnight were REALLY scary. We didn't have any tornados in our area thankfully although we were under a watch for several hours.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost loved ones in these storms.

kaabost said:
We experienced SOME heavy rain and wind last night but not that much. Although tragedies can happen, tornado problems in NC are pretty uncommon.

I do hope all of our NC disers stay safe through that nasty storm system. :wizard:

If you wanna see tornado problems, come to Texas.

TLHB70 said:
I live just southeast of Charlotte and I second what kaabost said. Tornadoes aren't that common here. Honestly, I don't think we get that many storms. I was born and raised in South Louisiana until 2002. THAT is the place with storms!!! It isn't that bad here at all.
Yes, last night we got heavy rain and strong winds. The worst weather was to the west of us. I am so sorry for those that experienced it. It is still windy today. The leaves are all over the ground. The weather is clearing up though. I even see some blue sky now!!!!! :thumbsup2
2sweetangels, do you know which area near Charlotte you will be moving to? Maybe we can meet. I live in Union County.

Not just sure yet what part, but it will either be Kannapolis,Concord or in Charlotte about 20-30 min away from Kannapolis. DH and I are still researching on houses to rent out there for now. We are looking for a 3 bedroom house.

kdibattista said:
Per www.cnn.com

It's still breaking news so there is no other details available yet.

The last time I checked it was saying nine people had been killed. Apparently it hit a trailer park! The last place you want to be.

We were fortunate here yesterday. We only had one fatality that may have been traffic related because of the storm. As far as the buildings hit and/or destroyed no one was killed. The kids at the Fun Zone daycare only had about two with minor injuries. Out of 31 kids that wasn't bad!
Kim

2sweetangels said:
this is just lovely, DH and I are moving to NC in February to the Charlotte area. My best friend already lives in NC in Kannapolis, she is doing well, she got somw of the tornando,but not the worst part I guess. Her house is still standing :thumbsup2

Hope you like NASCAR!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter