Torn between 2 weeks... which would you pick?

What week should we pick?

• January 26 through February 2, 2013

• September 14 through September 21, 2013

Results are only viewable after voting.

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Hi y'all. I'm torn between 2 weeks in 2013- which would you pick??

January 26 - February 2

OR

September 14 - September 21

I vote Jan. Sept would be to hot for me, plus you might get hit with the love bugs. If you want pool weather, jan will most likely be to cold, but for everything else, I think its perfect.

Voting for September. . .light crowds, good pool weather and Splash Mountain will most likely be open. They usually rehab SM in Jan. . .however, any week at Disney is awesome!

We have been doing this for years and love going down in the fall with MNSSHP, F&W festival, etc all going on. Its alot of fun but can be a bit hot some days!:surfweb:

I just went January 28 - February 4, and even though the crowds were very light and the weather was (freakishly) perfect, there was just too much construction going on everywhere - parks, resorts, even DTD.

According to touringplans, the week in Jan that you propose is an average crowd of 3.4 out of 10, and the Sept week is 1.9 out of 10. Both are very low crowds overall, but the Sept date is even lower.

Besides the crowds, I would also choose Sept because I would prefer to be hot than be cold. I'll risk 90-95 degree days rather than 40 - 50 degree days/evenings.

Dan

September for a multitude of reasons.
1. You can swim
2. Fantasyland expansion will be open (excepting dwarves mine train, everything else though)
3. Lower crowds
4. Very few rehabs (comparative to Jan)
5. Both water parks open
6. Longer daylight = longer hours at most parks, especially AK.

If you go in September you should buy trip insurance though, it is hurricane season.

I voted for January. Thought I've never been in September before (we are considering the end of October though!), we LOVE January, crowds, weather (even if it can be a little chilly, it wasn't this year! 70's ). Although things tend to be under refurbishment sometimes) I can barely handle the heat and humidity in NY in the summer time, never mind in Florida!! Either way you decide, it's Disney...you'll have a great time!

The biggest downside to January is that the weather is unpredictable. It can be anything from very pleasant to downright cold. The biggest downside to September would be the love bugs IF they are out in force. Some years they are pretty heavy and sometimes they are very noticable. My vote goes to September.

I voted for September. Our first trip with ODS and ODD was in early February. We had wonderful 55-70+ weather for 3 days, then it was low 40s with cold winds for the rest of the week. We ended our trip early because my kids were miserable.

I voted for September. I live in Georgia, so I'm used to the hot weather, and Splash Mountain is typically in refurb in January. As far as I have seen, January weather can be freakishly perfect, but it can also be really cold (in the 40s and 50s). I would rather go for the sure-thing warm weather!

It wasn't part of your post, but for me it would depend on when/if you have been before. We have been 2 times previously, but never during the MVMCP. So that got our vote for our next trip.
Sept was my vote, but only if I had experienced most everything....just better consistent weather probably.

I voted for September. Weather in January is just too unpredictable and you'll have to deal with refurbs too.

I have been both and sept is HOT! I voted on Jan due to the 3 times I have been around that time only once was chilly and I can put a jacket on, but I hate to sweat. The other 2 times weather was perfect high 70's and low 80's and I don't care what crowd predictions are everytime we have went in sept (5 times) it is crowded due to free dining. Don't get me wrong both dates are great, but I like Jan/feb better. We just got back and crowds were LOW and weather was perfect!

We have been in late February (2009) and early September (2010). With those two trips in mind, I would choose September again in a heartbeat. It was HOT, but it was also VERY low crowds. I also enjoyed seeing the Halloween decorations around the parks.
Plus, January usually has a lot of attractions down for refurb and construction going on.

Of course, you will have fun either week, but I definitely voted for September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter