Top Three Times

DisVillianMomma

I'm a Villians Girl
What do you guys think are the Top Three Times of year to visit for First Time DisneyWorld people but veteran Disneylander's?

I was thinking of Telling Her September, but Im not sure when else to tell her.

DisVillianMomma said:
What do you guys think are the Top Three Times of year to visit for First Time DisneyWorld people but veteran Disneylander's?

I was thinking of Telling Her September, but Im not sure when else to tell her.

For crowds, weather, or experience?

My fav times usually revolve around low crowds and moderate temps..

September not soo much because it is still very humid and it rains almost every afternoon (hurricane season at its best)

I would go with... March, October, and Early December

Yes, Please!

Not too Hot, Not To crowded, see as it a first time just going to see what disneyworld has to offer and seeing the parks. not for any specific event

Here's how the year breaks down for us:

Jan: Weather is too iffy. Can be downright cold and miserably wet some years. But crowds are great and rates are very low.

Feb: Better weather, but watch out for crowds some weeks.

March: Spring break (and Easter some years). Nuff said.

April: Bingo. Nice weather. Spring break is (mostly) over. Go after Easter.

May: Getting hot. Crowds aren't bad other than over the long weekend.

June/July/August: Schools out. Heavy crowds. Hot. Humid. Expensive. No thanks

September: Still hot but low crowd levels, great rates on resorts. Yes, please.

October: Not as hot. Not as cheap. Relatively low crowds. F&W at Epcot. OK!

November: Cooler. Resort rates are going up and so are crowd levels. Thanksgiving week is super expensive and crowded.

December: Cool. Expensive. Crowds increase dramatically as you get closer to Christmas and remain nuts till after New Years. No way on earth.

That's the way it shakes out for us.

For me the best time is November, early Dec, and March. Truly though, I prefer a busier wdw. Not off the charts crowds but enough. Wee used to go in early Dec back in the day(read late 80's) and wdw would be empty and I found it unnerving so haven't really learned to enjoy low crowded times. I know, I'm strange. :-)

Jan: Weather is too iffy. Can be downright cold and miserably wet some years. But crowds are great and rates are very low.

November: Cooler. Resort rates are going up and so are crowd levels. Thanksgiving week is super expensive and crowded.

December: Cool. Expensive. Crowds increase dramatically as you get closer to Christmas and remain nuts till after New Years. No way on earth.

I'd agree. We have been able to catch great weather and low crowds in February (avoid Presidents' Day).

September is cheaper, but hot, with daily afternoon thunderstorms, and the height of hurricane season.

October hits all the high notes, but is still hurricane season.pirate:

October:the first part of the month can still be hot,humid and rainy but the weather can improve greatly as the month progresses.There's too many events going on during this time and I end up doing multiple visits to the Orlando parks during this month.

Early December: Christmas events and decorations are up,weather is good,crowds are relatively low.

Anytime between January and April:These are the drier months of the year so you have little rain and the temperatures can vary from cold and crisp in January and February to mild and warm as you get closer to April.Obviously you're going to have spring break and holidays which will bring in big crowds at certain times but as long as the weather is good I consider it a good time to visit.

June through September: Hot,Humid and Rainy,I avoid these months like the plague but I still end up doing one trip during these months,you kinda have to include a waterpark during this time so you have to pick a day there's no rain expected even though most days have at least 40%-60% chance of rain.September can have relatively low crowds so it's a good time if you want to avoid lines and have lower rates.

In our experience:

early January: low, low crowds but can be cold and there is the potential for refurbs.
late Sept/early Oct: pretty low crowds plus you get MNSSHP and the F&W Festival. You do get the almost daily rains that everyone has mentioned.
early Dec: low crowds until you get to the weekend that proceeds Christmas week. Plus you get the Osbourne lights, castle lights and the MVMCP.

Can't go wrong with any of these times (in our opinion!). :thumbsup2

This pretty much knocked it out of the park. I have done September and April (loved both, think there were less people in September) and am about to embark on an early December as well as late January trip ... but I imagine it's going to be like what she said for those two.

This is really perfect! We usually go mid april to end of May. The weather gets warmer as you go. I think my pick week would be the last week of April into May.

If schools are involved, I'd say mid to late August if possible. It's still a bit warm but many of the schools are already back in session and you can still catch some very late nights if you plan it well.

Otherwise, I'd say the week before Thanksgiving and sometime in March/April (but stay away from Spring Break and Easter).

1. Late November/early December-- We love the Holiday season at Disney. The week after Thanksgiving is good, but our favorite time we have been is the week after Pop Warner. Crowds weren't bad yet, and we didn't have to deal with the parade taping. Weather can be unpredictible-but we have found the mix of temperatures during the week to be kind of fun (we've been in shorts one day and winter coats two days later).

2. Last week of April/First Week of May- but it can sometimes be hot- especially to a Disneyland veteran. We've been to Disneyland in June and July, and we just laugh at all the locals complaining about the heat. We have always found it very pleasant. We found low crowds during this time period.

3. October- I have no personal experience with this one...yet, but I've heard it is mostly nice weather and fairly low crowds. Plus, there is Food and Wine- which can be crowded, but I think that would be worth the crowd to me!

Our first 2 trips occurred the week we're in right now - i.e. Veteran's Day the full week before Thanksgiving. But not anymore because we don't want DD to miss too much school.

This week is nice because it usually has been after Jersey Week and the Epcot Food & Wine festivals, but I think both of those have expanded into this week.

I think the secret has gotten out about this week and crowds are slightly worse than they were in 2008 & 2009, but it still beats going over Thanksgviing!

Weather can range from low 50's to 85 & sunny.

It's a nice week to see Christmas decorations and the Osborne lights, but still allows you to be home for the full experience of Thanksgiving & Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter