Top Three Bottom of the Pit Restraunts

1. Pizza Planet
I mean really. Really?

2. Backlot Express
The place feels like a science experiment.

3. Restaurant Marrakesh
$20 for couscous and dry chicken. Oh dear. Tangierine Cafe is an infinitely better choice.

Here's mine:
1) Flametree Barbeque - I can't stand to have the birds beg for food and then poop at me in my general direction while I'm eating.
2) WCC - we had the worst experience with a drunk waiter the last time we ate there.
3) Chef Mickey / H & V - this is a toss up, both places the food was barely palatable.

1) Flametree Barbeque - I can't stand to have the birds beg for food and then poop at me in my general direction while I'm eating.

:lmao:

My thoughts exactly! I'll never understand why so many people love this one!

My three worst are:
1. Flametree BBQ
2. ABC Commissary
3. San Angel

Don't know if they still have it but #1 Donald's Breakfastsoarus in AK.
#2 Donald's Breakfastsoarus in AK.
#3 Donald's Breakfastsoarus in AK.
Worst meal I've ever had in Disney, first trip was in 76 at the age of 15. Food was bad at best, service intolorable, character interaction absolute minimum. We had the first reservation time of the day and the food wasn't even luke warm. Never,ever again.

76 as in 1976? How did you get a sneak preview of AK in 1976? :rotfl: As for the breakfast, we really liked it in 2007, but it was moved to Tusker House & now it's called Donald's Safari Breakfast.

1. HDDR - we were in the very back row in Category 1 but probably only "saw" about 1/4 of the show because we couldn't see. And it really just wasn't our taste in comedy. We liked the meal, but we've eaten next door at Trail's End a couple of different times and wished we had just saved $125 and eaten there instead, lol. And our waitress was mediocre. Wouldn't go back here ever (I know my family is in the minority on this though)...

2. Captain Jack's - sub-par food, bad service, too high of prices for the value of the food

3. not really a 3rd, but I guess if I had to pick, I'd pick Tutto Italia because the waiter implied we needed to add a tip when it was already included with the Candlelight P package that we had back then (this was a few years ago when they had tip auto in the package) My hubby didn't realize it was included and I had gone to the bathroom while he was paying. So the waiter wound up with a 36% tip :sad2:

My least favorite restaurants:

1. Tony's Town Square - The food was disgusting, and the service was horrible.

2. Biergarten - I just didn't care for the food.

3. Flametree Barbeque - We ate there for lunch, and I got sick that night. The thought of it turns my stomach. :sick:

My three would have to be:

Whispering Canyon Cafe - horrible experience, bad food and poor service.

Mama Melrose - food just okay, service just okay, enjoy Tutto Italia much more.

Raglan Road - for the time it takes to get to DTD for dinner, it's just not worth it. bad service on last occasion, but food is usually good.

I want to defend Tony's. We were there in Feburary of 2010 and it was great. I had the ribs with a summer squash puree and it was really, really good.

My top three:
1. California Grill: expensive, but mostly good. I didn't like the pork tenderlion, but loved the Sweet Potato-Ricotta Tortelloni.
2. Boma: good food, great variety, good atmosphere.
3 (tie). Tangierine Cafe: best counter service. The CousCous Salad is the best I have ever had.
3 (tie). Tony's. Like I said, the ribs with summer squash puree was great. My wife loved her risotto.

Bottom three:
1. Hollywood and Vine: boring and bland.
2. Crystal Palace: boring and bland. Good desserts though.
3. Rainforrest Cafe at AK: the place was half empty and my party of 3 waited 45 minutes for our food. And the food was nothing special.

1. Pizza Planet
I mean really. Really?

2. Backlot Express
The place feels like a science experiment.

3. Restaurant Marrakesh
$20 for couscous and dry chicken. Oh dear. Tangierine Cafe is an infinitely better choice.

Pizza planet tastes like Pizza Hut to me. What is the big deal? I think your expectations were too high for this busy counter service place.

1) Chef Mickey's Breakfest - My DD enjoyed the character's, but the food was horrible (SLOP)

2) Narcoosee's - Wasn't Impressed!!!!!!

3) Contempo Cafe - Yuck!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back SPOODLE'S (Best Restaurant on Disney Property)

What was wrong with Contempo? I have only has breakfast there, but found it fine for counter service.

Pizza planet tastes like Pizza Hut to me. What is the big deal? I think your expectations were too high for this busy counter service place.

I unabashedly adore Pizza Hut. The only hut Pizza Planet inhabited was Jabba.

;)I rarely have had a good experience at Rainforest, even the one here in dallas was awful.

We did Chef Mickey's dinner this last trip and I didn't care for it that much. We are going to give it a try for breakfast though in december for our son.

I am also not a big fan of San Angel Inn. being from texas, i prefer tex-mex. while we love the atmosphere, i don't care for the food. somehow, i've eaten here like 4x though. lol\

FAVES-
Earle of Sandwich for FF
O'hana
Cali Grill

and tons of people have bashed O'hana, but we love it. I know the food can be off sometimes at places or the service can make or break your experience. it is all subjective, I guess. but i can definitely see some 'trends' in certain places based on these responses. I would never rule anything out- i like to try it for myself before i do that.

That Italian place in Epcot - I live near Boston and can get good Italian food any day I want in the North End. This place was just awful. Plus it took forever.

Crystal Palace - cold, overdone food, nasty kids sticking their hands all in the buffet :eek: and hectic atmosphere

50's Prime Time - took 65 minutes PAST our arrival time to get seated. Horrible tasting, bland food. Absolutely zero humor or interaction from the waiters.

I have to vote for Tony's in MK- bland and boring
and Teppan Edo, because something made me violently ill there and was in bed for a day. A day in Disney is a big deal. I am allergic to MSG and they said they didn't use anything with MSG when I made the resie, but that is the reaction I got when eating there. so never again.
I also had a bad flatbread at POPs food court once that tasted spoiled and I spit it out.

1. I will never eat at Cinderella’s Royal Table again. DH and I had dinner there on our 5th anniversary trip. It was awful. We showed up about 15 minutes early and checked in. They sent us to have our picture taken with Cinderella (who was very standoffish, perhaps because we were 2 adults). We finally got seated about45 minutes later. We got to our table and noticed the spectacular view right away. I had an impressive view right into the kitchen or I could look at the elevator and DH got a great view of a pillar. The server was irritated because we didn’t want to order our entrees the same time we ordered our appetizers. She came to our table 5 times in as many minutes to ask if we knew what we wanted yet. And she was very rude about it. Then she sent the food runner. We finally gave in and ordered only to have the entrée show up about 2 minutes after the salads. Then I got to watch her glare at us from the kitchen for taking too long over dinner. DH had lamb, which he said was pretty good. I had the tortellini, which was absolutely abysmal. I sent it back minus 3 bites, as that was all I could stomach. As we were eating dessert, the fairy godmother (who looked a lot like Paula Deen) came out and sang. We didn’t see any of this except her exit as we were blocked by the pillar. Unfortunately, the tip was included in the price of the meal, so what did the server care about quality service. It was a very expensive awful meal.
2. Yak & Yeti: Awful service, gross food, served to us in a room colder than my freezer. Never again.
3. Hollywood Brown Derby had the fattiest steak I have ever seen, and it was incredibly undercooked. The rest of the food was only okay. I ordered iced tea and was served cold coffee. Three times. Each time I told the server this, she told me that I was wrong. Finally I ordered soda. The server remained rude and irritable through the rest of the meal.

You won't find me going back to:

3) Crystal Palace: Not terrible, just bleh. Not worth it when there are so many other great choices.

2) Rainforest Cafe: WAY overpriced for Applebee's-esque food that had been left under the heat lamp for far too long, poor service, and the elephants scared my 3-year-old nephew.

1) Yachtsman Steakhouse: We were treated terribly because we were the last reservation of the night (at 30 minutes before posted closing) and the entire staff was ready to bolt. We got the most brusque, hurried service I've ever had in my life. We weren't even the last patrons to leave because we opted not to get dessert. But the entire kitchen was cleaned, closed and dark when we left (I guess they would've pulled our dessert from the fridge if we HAD ordered one?). The hostess stand was empty, and our waiter the only staff person in sight. The food was good, but honestly, it wasn't signature good. I've had $20 steaks at Longhorn that were better than Yachtsman's $42 NY Strip was that night!

Oddly, I've had good food and service at several places people absolutely loathe to eat at, and terrible service at some of the more popular dining options.

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot was awful. I heard that a lot of the food was freshly grown on WDW property, so I was excited to try it. The vegetables were cooked until they were wilted and the chicken was slimy and tasted so odd I couldn't finish it.

I also had bad luck at the Crystal Palace. Everything was cold and rubbery, like it had been sitting there for a long time. I realize Crystal Palace is supposed to be a character dining experience, so the characters are the focus, but I really hate having to pay for a meal I can't eat, then immediately buy another one after leaving the restaurant, so I don't starve.

Finally, I'll never eat at the ice cream parlor on Main Street again. Not only did they forget half our order, they refused to fix it for twenty minutes while we stood there and kept reminding them we hadn't gotten it. They served other people in the meantime, and ignored us, even though we asked about getting our ice cream every time someone else was served in front of us. Then the cast member at the register tried to claim my mother was lying and had only ordered two dishes of ice cream.... except she had the receipt, which proved she'd bought four. Then the CM was rude and unapologetic, as was the one behind the counter who was handing ice cream to guests. Clearly we were inconveniencing them from not doing their jobs.

In hindsight, I should have asked for a manager for the last one, but my mother was so frustrated at that point, she just wanted to leave. I won't be buying anything there again, however.

We only have two:

Tony's Town Square - we even gave it a second chance thinking maybe we hit a bad night the first time, blah, never again.

Hollywood and Vine - it was the only restaurant we could get for the FDP one year. NEVER AGAIN!

I only have a bottom two. I generally am not that picky, but would not go back to these restaurants:

1. Sci-Fi: I don't know how anyone could make a turkey sandwich inedible, but this place managed to do it.

2. Pepper Market: My DS (age 16) can sum up this place in a few words: "Mom, it's worse than school lunch food" It is horribly over-priced, the service not so hot (for which they include a mandatory 10% tip) and the food is bland, bland, bland.

We're long time WDW visitors who just ate occasionally at the CS and then at a couple of the TS restaurants.

The last two Septembers my DH and I have gone during FD so have had an opportunity to try a few other places that we normally wouldn't go to if we had to "pay the prices" listed on the menu.

O'Hana has always been a favorite, but two years running we have had terrible service. The food has been steadily going down hill over the years; add two years of poor service, and we won't be back for a while.

I could go on to address other restaurants that are at the bottom of my list (Rose and Crown) but won't. I just have to say that I don't go to WDW for the cuisine. I think they are serving so many people that the food is going to be so-so at best. I do eat at the TS restaurants expecting good service as we always plan to leave 18%+ gratuity. The service at most of the restaurants we have gone to over the past two years have been TERRIBLE. That fact alone will turn us off to a restaurant.

I hate to be taken advantage of and feel that these folks (the servers and the restaurant managers) are taking advantage of us "knowing" that they will get a big tip (based on inflated prices) whether they refill our water glasses or not.

Shame on them.

No way would I "pay" for the DDP, much less the DxDDP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter