top signature for foodie for adult night out

Just checking board. Thanks for the recommendations. How do you get to flying fish? Cab? Monorail? We at staying at BLT but kids most likely at poly kids club for a few hrs. How far is flying fish from poly?

Im an amateur foodie myself (love to cook and spend a lot of time working on e skills and dining out). For me, without question, it's Jiko. Absolutely engaging experience, a wine list that's one of a kind, and a style of cuisine that is rare to most. Ive never been less than thrilled with a meal there.

For bonus points, line it up on the right day (Wednesday, I think) and you can get a wine and cheese tasting with the sommelier there before dinner.

Though we have not been from what I have read time over time is that for a foodie, Victoria and Albert is the ultimate. We go to California Grill every time and always enjoy the sushi and entrees. As for Narcosees, when we went in December I got the chef's special which was the shrimp and grits and being a southern girl myself I would have to say it was highly dissapointing, but my husband enjoyed his lobster. From what I have heard Blue Zoo seems like a nice choice as well.

1. V&A's
2. bluezoo (tasting menu)
3, Jiko

We've been to all of the WDW "signature" restaurants at least twice. V&A's a few times. After V&A's, the most interesting food, e.g. sriracha ice--frozen in liquid nitrogen--atop yellowfin tuna sashimi, we've had in/around WDW has been the tasting menu at bluezoo. Jiko has had consistently great food, wine and service. FF used to be our favorite, but the menu has become stagnant and the service has been hit or miss.

We love California Grill but it is noisy & not what I would want for a night out without the kids. After all, you'll have to deal with everyone else's kids ;)

I would agree that the Chef's Table at FF would be a good option but my suggestion is Artist Point. Wonderful food, a fairly extensive wine list, good service and much nicer (i.e. quieter & relaxed) atmosphere than many of the others.

I just posted the same response I'm about to post in a different thread.

I did a solo trip last month, and Citrico's was a last minute decision I'm very happy I made. I ordered my meal and the couple at the table next to me struck up a conversation with me that I would really love what I ordered. They were at Citrico's for the third time that week. The husband and wife both ordered different entrees, one being the short rib with wild mushrooms in a pasta. The person who did NOT order the short rib felt disappointed by his/her choice. So the third visit, they both ordered it. :laughing:

So here's a picture of the short rib. I really hope they keep it on the menu. It was the best thing I ate during my trip. And the wine I had with it was good, too. I made a note that it was an Arrowood Cab '07.

544191_10151751259735157_520683946_n.jpg

Haven't actually been there yet but I would recommend Jiko :) It seems to be very well regarded.

I've been to California Grill, Bistro de Paris, and Shula's. Of those 3, California Grill is my favorite.

I guess we're in the minority, but we didn't find Jiko impressive at all. To me, it was the most avg. signature restaurant we've eaten at & we've tried most of them. We've had non-signature meals that we thought were as good or better.

Back to recommendations... My first choice would be bluezoo. I've heard the kids club at Dolphin is free, if you eat at one of the signature restaurants. We don't have small kids, so I can't verify that. If you want to stay near your resort, I would choose Citricos.

Narcoose's, Jiko's, California Grill.....in that order.

Love the atomosphere at Norcoose's and Jiko's. Jiko's definitely has the best wine selection, but the food (the last year or so) has been a little hit and miss. California Grill is really good, but can be extremely noisy.

We love Citricos, Flying Fish and Jiko. Our last two dinners at the Cali Grill (January and last week) were also excellent. We were seated in the wine room both times and loved the quieter atmosphere. The food also seemed to be a little more impressive than our previous visits. The dinners that we have had at Narcoosees have not been exceptional.

Narcoose's, Jiko's, California Grill.....in that order.

Love the atomosphere at Norcoose's and Jiko's. Jiko's definitely has the best wine selection, but the food (the last year or so) has been a little hit and miss. California Grill is really good, but can be extremely noisy.

Maybe that was our problem. We waited too long to try it. Our only visit was over Valentine's weekend this year. We were totally mystified by the reviews here. I guess I'm not as forgiving as some. Our bill was $225+ for the 2 of us. For that price, they shouldn't have off nights. That said, I have had better meals than others at Flying Fish. One would be outstanding & the next okay. We keep going, because the okay meals are still better than non-signatures. To us, Jiko just wasn't signature quality. The 2 appetizers we ordered were very good & outstanding. Everything else was non-signature quality, in our opinion.

Just checking board. Thanks for the recommendations. How do you get to flying fish? Cab? Monorail? We at staying at BLT but kids most likely at poly kids club for a few hrs. How far is flying fish from poly?

Yes, cab would be easiest, maybe 15 minutes and about $15-17 (give or take) each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter