TOP SECRET Ladies and gentlemens like the previous year MY FREE DINING NEWS

If FD starts on the 10th, you aren't eligible if you check in on the 9th. You have to check in on the 10th. You have to CHECK IN on one of the dates with FD not just be there at that time. So you would either need to do a room only on the 9th and a package starting the 10th or move your trip back to the 10th to be eligible for free dining.

You will not see the savings unless you have either added dining to your package previously in which case your package price will come down by removing the purchase price of the dining plan by having the FD code or if you were planning to add the dining plan at some point you know have the possibility of adding the dining plan for free.

If you just booked a package with no dining plan previously you will not see a price difference.

Accidently slept in till 8, got on the phone and was actually only on hold 55 minutes.......BUT......... tried to add FD to my existing reservation, and no more of those rooms available with FD. So had to go up to club level, which kind of out-did the FD (price speaking). But did make package $500 cheaper and now we get club level. Dont know if over sleeping made the difference, or there were no "garden rooms" to begin with because all the people with pins, and Visas took them all, or just few or none were released. Now to see if I can pull this off, or need to shave a few days off.

I called at 7am... I was on hold for about an hour. I was able to add FD to my already existing ressie... but had to switch from a Nemo Suite at AOA to a Cars Suite. Cars was our 2nd choice so that was totally fine :goodvibes Also upgraded to the reg.DDP :thumbsup2
Check in date is 12/13

So nemo it in fd????
Also are there only a certain numbers of rooms that wdw allows to get fd?

Not sure what your first question is supposed to be.:confused:

To answer your second question, yes...they only offer a set number of rooms/room types for every promotion. While there may be rooms available to book at the resort, they may not be included in the offer.

So nemo it in fd????
Also are there only a certain numbers of rooms that wdw allows to get fd?

When I finally got through to a CM she said there were no Nemo rooms available. I didn't ask if there were ever any Nemo rooms available or they were just out by the time it was my turn to speak to a CM. I'm just happy to score FD... even tho Nemo was our 1st choice. :)

Darn IPhone I do miss my blackberry!
Meant to say so the nemo rooms don't get fd? (like the lm rooms)?

Also anyone know the jan 2014 speculation dates
Or where to find last years for the same time frame information?

Also anyone know the jan 2014 speculation dates
Or where to find last years for the same time frame information?

You can check historical release dates here...

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

However, this data does not include the blackout periods. It is just a good guide as to the dates that promotions came out for booking timeframes.

Nemo rooms were not available when my TA called early Monday morning for Disney Visa free dining. I'm curious if others were able to get them or if they were never part of the free dining offer??? :confused3

Nemo rooms were not available when my TA called early Monday morning for Disney Visa free dining. I'm curious if others were able to get them or if they were never part of the free dining offer??? :confused3

I don't think I have seen any posts with a confirmed Nemo suite for either the Visa or the GP deal. I think it has only been confirmed for Cars and LK.

I'm sort of worried that low availability for FD means it will be more crowded than years past. This I do not want.

Here are my thoughts posted from another thread (the poster was asking if new rooms will open up).

Hope this helps. :)

Yes, categories open up all the time.

From what I have observed through the years; Disney starts with a limited block of FD rooms, then releases more throughout the promotional time period. This could be due to an ongoing release of inventory that was initially partitioned for pincodes, events, conventions, etc.

For example; I have a FD pincode which expires in a few weeks (7/28)- same dates as GP FD. The pincode shows resort availability, in almost every category, during my trip dates - however the GP FD does not.

My guesstimation is - once that pin expires, those rooms may go into the GP FD pool.

As a DVC CM once told me - Disney is THE king of numbers and bundling. So my advice is to keep checking the website everyday.

I'm wondering (hoping!) if the dates will change in a few weeks like they did last year.

When we 1st booked for 2011, the 1st check in date for December was December 11. We were arriving on the 10th, so I changed the package & did a room only for the night of the 10th. A few weeks after FD came out, they changed some dates around & the check in date was pushed back to include the 10th, so cancelled room only & had our FD package the whole trip, beginning on the 10th.

Would be very nice if they changed the dates & included check in's on the 9th. Not going to count on it but it's nice to think about, lol.

Yipppee. Our TA got FD for our three standard POR RGRs. 10/28 - 11/7. So excited and a great saving. Hope others who are still trying can get what they want.

So excited - our TA called bright and early this morning (4:00 am her time b/c of a time difference) and we got FD for our stay at POR RGR from 12/12-12/19! I couldn't be happier! :santa:

Now here's to hoping for great airfare prices!

Congrats! I actually called our TA before she had the chance to call us .:laughing: She was up at 5:30 am this morning and on hold for 3 hours just to make sure we got FD :banana: This was on her own time since her office didn't open until 10 am. She went above and beyond what we ever expected! We're set for 11/29-12/8 at CBR with FD!

Oh, and btw, b/c our TA went over our expectations, we are going to thank her and her office with either flowers or an edible arrangement. This was our first time using a TA instead of booking it oursleves.

Well, I think I have a great deal. We are going September 10, 2012 for 4 nights with 4 day park hopper tickets for 4 adults. Staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins and have free dining. $2556 for the trip. Like my grandmother use to say, "Can't be that with a stick!". :cool1:

:confused3I had a package booked already (room and tickets). TA added free dining to my exact package but package price went up $100.00 because of the ticket increase. We did this last year with free dining and our package price didn't go up.

I'm wondering (hoping!) if the dates will change in a few weeks like they did last year.

When we 1st booked for 2011, the 1st check in date for December was December 11. We were arriving on the 10th, so I changed the package & did a room only for the night of the 10th. A few weeks after FD came out, they changed some dates around & the check in date was pushed back to include the 10th, so cancelled room only & had our FD package the whole trip, beginning on the 10th.

Would be very nice if they changed the dates & included check in's on the 9th. Not going to count on it but it's nice to think about, lol.

That would be LOVELY! Of course, right now we are booked at Best Western Lake Buena Vista (on Hotel Plaza, by DTD) on Dec 9th with a rate that is many many $$$ cheaper than POR so I'd have to decide whether or not I would want to spend more $$....of course, we'd have another free dining day if they did change the dates. I'll have to keep my eyes open for this!

I think anything is possible, but like you said I probably wouldn't count on it. I mean in 8 years of free dining offers, that is the one and only time they have ever changed the date after a promo came out. But, who knows . . . .

:confused3I had a package booked already (room and tickets). TA added free dining to my exact package but package price went up $100.00 because of the ticket increase. We did this last year with free dining and our package price didn't go up.
That's because they have a new program that now updates the new ticket prices when you add a discount code to the reservation package. I read a post on hear where someone talked to a CM manager and they said it just started the day the Visa free dining promo came out. Everyone that added the FD code to a reservation that was made before the new ticket prices came out got charge the difference in the new price.

That's because they have a new program that now updates the new ticket prices when you add a discount code to the reservation package. I read a post on hear where someone talked to a CM manager and they said it just started the day the Visa free dining promo came out. Everyone that added the FD code to a reservation that was made before the new ticket prices came out got charge the difference in the new price.

Ok thanks! I know my TA is awesome and knows her stuff but that had me stumped:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter