Top of the World

msammon

Earning My Ears
Any reports on how crowded TOTW is now that all dvc can go? We are staying at BLT next month and are wondering if we need to get there early to watch the fireworks on a halloween party night.

Not crowded at all during the week when I was there, first week of September. But the nice man you check in with did point out that if you want to ensure you have a table, or will order drinks, to go early. If its crowded the service can be slow.

And what exactly do you need to get in? Will a resort key with DVC member on it work, (staying at kidani) or do you need your DVC member card? just wondering what cards to make sure i have.

and i asked up in the restaurant area, but does anyone know what the hours are for the lounges/ bars on the monorail and at WL?

Last night we headed up at about 8:30ish for the fireworks and we had a choice of a number of tables and did get drinks before the fireworks. The tables were all taken before the fireworks and about 6-7 groups stayed after the fireworks as well. I also noticed that a lot more people in the lounge were ordering drinks. During the time just before and after the fireworks they had 4 servers/bartenders up in the lounge.

dburg30 said:
And what exactly do you need to get in? Will a resort key with DVC member on it work, (staying at kidani) or do you need your DVC member card? just wondering what cards to make sure i have.

and i asked up in the restaurant area, but does anyone know what the hours are for the lounges/ bars on the monorail and at WL?

Either your BLT room card will work (if you are staying there) or your DVC membership card.

Are kids allowed in? Im overly paranoid about letting my 2 yr old looking over the wall outside....

Are kids allowed in? Im overly paranoid about letting my 2 yr old looking over the wall outside....

Kids are allowed in. The wall is sufficiently high that I cannot imagine a 2 year old being able to see over it! Someone will be holding that child up to see over it.

I got there at 8:45 last week, for scheduled 9:30 fireworks, and there were still plenty of seats. Fireworks were delayed until after 10.

We went 2 tuesdays ago. Showed up at 8pm for the 9pm fireworks...Only had to show our DVC id...
When we made it up to the lounge it was crowded that we couldnt even find a table.

Fast forward to the fireworks. Viewing the fireworks from here is a bit different from other viewing areas(but similar to the cali grill). The fireworks are way off to the right side of the castle, they dont have the same perspective that you get from the ground.

Upon leaving the resort and heading back to the beach club we collectively agreed that the view from the Poly beach was much better than seeing them from the tower...although I heard that the polynesian beach has cut off access to the beach during fireworks for non resort guests...

Any reports on how crowded TOTW is now that all dvc can go? We are staying at BLT next month and are wondering if we need to get there early to watch the fireworks on a halloween party night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter