• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top of the World Lounge

tinkerbull91

Earning My Ears
Has anyone here visited the Top of the World Lounge? We are DVC members and have yet to try it, but would like to when we go in December.

Any advice on when to arrive for fireworks?
Any nights better than others to go?

The lounge tends to get pretty crowded before the fireworks. We went on a Saturday night in October and it was rammed up until about 30 minutes after the fireworks, then it cleared out.

If you want to spend some time in the lounge prior to the fireworks, I would suggest arriving at least an hour early to stand a chance of getting a seat/table.

I would imagine that weekend nights are busier but I really have no evidence of that, just based on previous visits.

While on this topic. I read a blog that said you will need reservations if you want to go up durning fireworks. Is that true?

While on this topic. I read a blog that said you will need reservations if you want to go up durning fireworks. Is that true?
Access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. A DVC Member staying at any Disney Owned & Operated Resort (either points or cash) can (subject to blackout dates) access the TOTWL. The blackout dates are not currently posted on the member website, but used to be 7/3, 7/4, 12/29 & 12/30. On blackout dates, you must be using your membership to stay at BLT in order to access the TOTWL.

Try to go on a night when Mickey's Christmas party is going on. If you have binoculars take them to see the castle projection show better. Also the perimeter fireworks from the party fireworks are really neat to see from outside the park.

I went the day after Labor Day, so a Tuesday in September. Arrived about 20 minutes before the start of Wishes. Had to show my DVC card and scan my band to go up in the elevator. I would guess that there were less than 50 people there - and it's a big area, so everyone easily had front-row access without any crowding. The exterior viewing area extends on both sides of the lounge; the part you get to first was a bit more crowded. I walked through the lounge to get to the other side - which was mostly empty. It was awesome!

The couple of times we have went the crowds were moderate - even if its fairly crowded it's unlikely to reach capacity - if you want to make doubly sure you can arrive 45 minutes early (otherwise plan on 15-20 mins prior to fireworks - Make sure you have both your DVC membership card and Photo ID. . .

We go up just about every trip. They have some decent appetizers and a full bar. We usually get a table and have a drink and some snacks.

I went last week on a Friday night and it was very crowded inside during the fireworks. No chance of us getting a table or a seat at the bar (looks much bigger than it really is in the pictures). With that said the terrace space was ample to view the fireworks. We came over from VWL, but I honestly wouldn't bother unless you're staying in the MK resort area. The fireworks aren't that great, especially from that distance. They do however play the Wishes music, as they do in the California Grill lounge, but when I went there was enough loud kids and parents singing wishes that we could barely hear it anyway. But certainly worth checking out if you're staying close and wont be in the park that night.

I have never not had front row access on the huge terrace. Even when walking into the lounge at the last minute. As far as the indoor part it does get full about an hour before the fireworks and then empties out afterward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter