• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top of the World Lounge?

So if you are a member staying at a resort other than BLT, how do you get IN to BLT to get to the TOTWL? I know your BLT room key lets you into the building.

So if you are a member staying at a resort other than BLT, how do you get IN to BLT to get to the TOTWL? I know your BLT room key lets you into the building.

Now that there is a check in desk at BLT, I believe the front doors are open during the time when TOtWL is open.

You need to carry your member ID card and a photo id to get any member discounts. When your MagicBand is scanned for purchases there is no indication on the POS that you are a DVC member and no discounts are automatically applied.

I asked a CM to look at the Itouch after he scanned my wristband to see what all information was on the screen. It did indeed say "DVC member" along with my name and the resort I was staying in, along with how many points I had left on my dining plan. If I still have to lug around my wallet, whats the point of a wristband?

I asked a CM to look at the Itouch after he scanned my wristband to see what all information was on the screen. It did indeed say "DVC member" along with my name and the resort I was staying in, along with how many points I had left on my dining plan. If I still have to lug around my wallet, whats the point of a wristband?

None of that shows on the POS when you purchase using the MagicBand. If you want any discounts you are eligible for, you need to carry proof and an id. So far, Disney has given no indication that they intend to automatically apply any applicable discounts when purchasing with a MagicBand.

None of that shows on the POS when you purchase using the MagicBand. If you want any discounts you are eligible for, you need to carry proof and an id. So far, Disney has given no indication that they intend to automatically apply any applicable discounts when purchasing with a MagicBand.

I'm not talking about a POS situation, I'm talking about when they scan your band with the Itouch, as in a restaurant or lounge situation. It does indeed show up, I saw it with my own eyes... As far as getting up to the lounge, why cant they just have an Itouch in the lobby to scan the bands? Seems like it would make the CM in the lobbys job a lot easier...

I'm not talking about a POS situation, I'm talking about when they scan your band with the Itouch, as in a restaurant or lounge situation. It does indeed show up, I saw it with my own eyes... As far as getting up to the lounge, why cant they just have an Itouch in the lobby to scan the bands? Seems like it would make the CM in the lobbys job a lot easier...

So. if an owner fails to notify MS that their guest is a "renter" and when they scan that person's magic band, it will say "DVC member" on it. Are you saying that they should be getting the discounts and perks as well?

Having it noted on your reservation does not prove you are a DVC member, only that you are staying on a DVC reservation. In terms of BLT, if staying there, then maybe I can see not worrying about seeing the member's card.

But, for those staying elsewhere, they need to verify that the person asking to go to the lounge is indeed the actual member and not just someone staying on points.

I know when you use the AP discount now, you have to show proof that you are who you say you are and I don't see that changing with Magic Band.

Doesn't matter what the device shows, DVC policy for discounts is to show your member id card and photo id. Same applies for annual passholder discounts.

We are members and are staying on cash at the BLT December 30th.
I was told that we will be able to use the Top of the World Lounge along with our parents whom are not members but staying with us that night.
I really hope I got the correct information from MS ... that room cost over 500 bucks !!!!!

I was told that we will be able to use the Top of the World Lounge along with our parents whom are not members but staying with us that night.
I really hope I got the correct information from MS ... that room cost over 500 bucks !!!!!

If you booked through MS, you are booking as a member. If you booked through DRC, you are not booking or staying as a member.

I believe that you will be eligible. I thought I read that the guidelines just state you have to be a member staying at WDW to use TOTWL during the special promotion. You don't necessarily have to be using your points.

I would give MS a call.

From DVCMember.com under 'Destinations' (drop down) > 'Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort':
. . . . . . Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2013 (blockout dates in 2013 are July 3 and 4, and December 30 and 31). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

As Michael posted earlier, I think you'll be okay. It used to say cash reservations booked through MS. So I think they have relaxed the requirements further.

I'm pretty sure if you have a membership card they'll let you up. But, they may also ask for a KTTW card / wrist band to show you're a guest staying on property.

We've had all sorts of experiences here from just go on up, to show a KTTW card (not membership card), to show both.

You must be a member and staying on property (either points or cash). we were staying at value resort with cash and had to show our members card AND KTTW card (room key).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter