Top of the World further changes?

disneyma

Can't wait to get back to DVC and Disney....
Rumor has it that the Top of the World Lounge won't be opening until 6:00 starting in October. Wonder if this is just the start of further changes to come for the lounge?

Rumor has it that the Top of the World Lounge won't be opening until 6:00 starting in October. Wonder if this is just the start of further changes to come for the lounge?

Makes sense if they are not getting much business 5:00-6:00.

Just when it's getting dark earlier and parks shorten hours? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. :confused3

Just when it's getting dark earlier and parks shorten hours? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. :confused3

Unless there's a special event, no park closes before 7:00. Most of their business comes from the fireworks which isn't before 7:00 most nights. Disney wants to make money, if they were making money from 5:00 to 6:00, they would open at 5:00.

My general and absolutely non-scientific observations are that many people will never stay until a park closes. And that doesn't really vary depending on the park closing time. So, if parks are closing earlier then many people are leaving the parks even earlier. Having spent a lot of time in the tourism industry and also restaurants fall and winter almost always mean earlier dinner times and earlier bar usage.

Sadly, if true, this probably points more towards starting the complete shut down rather than having much to do with lack of business. The 5-6 hour is a time that we would personally go to the TOTWL and have in the past.

Isn't 5-12 pretty much SOP for every lounge at Disney? How much money can they save by shaving off one hour? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter