Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower

OaksPAC

Mouseketeer
We are owners at BLT but will be staying at the BWV in March. Will we still have access to the Top of the World lounge?:)

The lounge is open to all members staying on property thru the end of 2013. Blackout dates are 7/3, 7/4, 12/30 & 12/31. Need member ID card and current KTTW card. Must use Disney transportation as parking at BLT is not available for non-resort guests.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

OaksPAC said:
Thanks, I didn't realize that policy had been extended until the end of 2013.

Was announced at the annual condo meeting held in Dec 2012.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am letting my sis use my points, she is not a member. Can she go to the Top of the World??? I booked the room there for her for that purpose!!

Probably not because your sis is not part of your traveling party and you won't be there to show them your member card.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

Here's the link the MS website showing the quote above. You will probably need to login to access this link.

https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/destinations/vacation-club-resorts/bay-lake-tower

I would suggest you email DVC for an answer in writing. members@disneyvacationclub.com

DenLo said:
Probably not because your sis is not part of your traveling party and you won't be there to show them your member card.

Here's the link the MS website showing the quote above. You will probably need to login to access this link.

https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/destinations/vacation-club-resorts/bay-lake-tower

I would suggestion you email DVC for an answer in writing. members@disneyvacationclub.com

Interesting, I did call and they said if you book a room at Bay Lake you can have access to Totw?? Whether cash or points. I will call back in the morning.

I am letting my sis use my points, she is not a member. Can she go to the Top of the World??? I booked the room there for her for that purpose!!

She will need to show a blue member card. That's what we had to show in October and we were staying at BLT.

Deb & Bill said:
She will need to show a blue member card. That's what we had to show in October and we were staying at BLT.

Thats what I asked and MS said its not just for members. Anyone staying at BLT can have access to it? Very strange. i will definitely call in the morning.

Thats what I asked and MS said its not just for members. Anyone staying at BLT can have access to it? Very strange. i will definitely call in the morning.

Nope, it's just for members and guests staying with the members. They are pretty strict about who goes up, too.

Okay, just got off the telephone again and verified what I was told yesterday, and the MS rep read it to me. Their information says anyone staying on points has access to the lounge, even if the owner of the points is not there. So if you rent points, you have access, or in my case, gave my sister the points, she has access. I suggested maybe the DVCMember site should say the same as their information!! So we shall see!!

I stayed at BLT and BCV on rented points and was allowed to go to Top of the World Lounge. They just asked to see my card which stated DVC on it. I had researched the information before going that anyone staying on points may have access to it.

We were there over NYE and our son does not have a blue dvcmember card. He was able to go to TOTW without us presenting our blue dvcmember card with him.

On another note, we had linked our reservations so we had to check-in and out every day. Some of our keys had dvcmember on them, others did not. Some days we got blue keys, some days we got yellow keys.

ClarabelleCow said:
Okay, just got off the telephone again and verified what I was told yesterday, and the MS rep read it to me. Their information says anyone staying on points has access to the lounge, even if the owner of the points is not there. So if you rent points, you have access, or in my case, gave my sister the points, she has access. I suggested maybe the DVCMember site should say the same as their information!! So we shall see!!

So more confusion. Got home tonight to find a message on my machine from a CM at MS apologizing that she gave me incorrect info. Because other members staying on points are allowed up to the lounge, unless you are a member you can not go up. Makes sense, just wish they would get their information correct. Bummer. Just moved sis over to the VWL.

My DD10 loves the exclusiveness of the TOL. She eagerly awaited the "blue card" check when we visited. However, we were staying at BLT on points.

Does anybody know how crowded it gets on a Saturday night at Wishes time? I have a dinner reservation at Narcossee's at 7:30 pm on March 9, so we would probably be getting back to BLT around 9:30. Will we be able to get in?

Have you watched Wishes from Narcoossee's? They pipe the audio inside the restaurant and on the porch.

:earsboy: Bill

I haven't thought about watching from Narcossee's. Seeing that our ressie is at 7:30, waiting until 10:00 for Wishes is probably a stretch. Also, this will be our first stay at BLT, so I'm hoping to do Top of the World.

It's much much better to watch Wishes from Totw than Naroisees. I don't think you'll have a problem getting into it in your date.

We love watching the fireworks from Narcoossee's, as it's viewing angle is much better then TOTW or CG viewing area.
It's also our absolute favorite spot for any of the 360 degree fireworks displays, such as Hallowishes!
It's even better then being in the park for the event, as it's harder to appreciate the magnitude of all the fireworks around you :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter