Top of the Workd Lounge

DisneyChick

Earning My Ears
We (DH & myself) will be staying at The Contemporary Resort in a Tower Room on a cash basis. As DVC Members will we have access to Top of The World Lounge because we are DVC even though we are not staying on points?? I hope so...Thanks to all in advance.

Last summer we had to scan out magic bands to get up. The CM in the lobby told us we had to be members staying in points, and that was why they scanned the bands.
I'd recommend bringing your member card, it's possible they will let you up just showing the card, especially if it's a quiet night.

The scanned our bands (or checked our DVC ID, I don't exactly remember but they did look us up somehow) last trip and let us up. We were staying at Shades of Green. But it was not busy at all. This probably depends on the CM working downstairs too.

The official rule says you just have to me a member staying onsite. There are four days each year where you must be staying at BLT for access.

We (DH & myself) will be staying at The Contemporary Resort in a Tower Room on a cash basis. As DVC Members will we have access to Top of The World Lounge because we are DVC even though we are not staying on points?? I hope so...Thanks to all in advance.

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2016.

Blockout dates apply for Top of the World Lounge, including but not limited to: December 30, 2015; December 31, 2015; July 3, 2016; July 4, 2016; December 30, 2016; December 31, 2016. Current operating hours are 6:00 PM to midnight.

Accessing the Lounge

This perk is available exclusively to Members. People who are in that Member’s traveling party and staying on that Member’s reservation are also eligible to visit Top of the World Lounge. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current MagicBand or Key to the World card with a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. If the Member's MagicBand or Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership.

I have gone many of times staying on property not using points and have always been allowed in. I showed my card and they scanned my band.

My mom and I stayed at Pop Century and went to the lounge without a problem.

No but the CM uses a card to get the elevator to go up to the top floor.

And they do block it off for TOTWL during its open hours so unavailable for other use from what I've seen. During the day it operates as normal though.

We were just there this past week and all we had to do was show our current DVC membership card to gain access. We were also informed by the CM manning the elevator, that each DVC member is allowed to bring up to 9 guests with them. Could get a bit crowded up there if it isn't properly monitored.

We were also informed by the CM manning the elevator, that each DVC member is allowed to bring up to 9 guests with them.
The official policy allows only those guests staying on the member's reservation. In a grand villa, that could be more than 9.

Do we all need to have magic bands with us or is it ok if just my DH has his? I don't like wearing them and when we go out for an evening I carry a small hand bag so I am hoping it is ok for just DH to wear his!! We are staying at VGF and want to hit bars at all the monorail resorts. My brother is also going to be with us.

Thanks!!

Do we all need to have magic bands with us or is it ok if just my DH has his? I don't like wearing them and when we go out for an evening I carry a small hand bag so I am hoping it is ok for just DH to wear his!! We are staying at VGF and want to hit bars at all the monorail resorts. My brother is also going to be with us.

Thanks!!

It's really up to the CM manning the post. One ID is usually enough but just prior to MB's coming out, we were denied access because DW didn't have her ID and room key. I think that access is easier now.

:earsboy: Bill

Do they have food and drinks?
Seating for all?
We are looking to go tonight for the fireworks, so how early do we need to go? We are starting at bcv but have our own vehicle, can we valet at contemporary?

Do they have food and drinks?
It's a bar, so there are drinks available for purchase. There is a limited food menu.
Seating for all?
Depends on if it's crowded or not.
We are looking to go tonight for the fireworks, so how early do we need to go?
Shouldn't be overly busy. I'd say no later than about 30 minutes prior.
We are starting at bcv but have our own vehicle, can we valet at contemporary?
Yes, for $25 plus gratuity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter