Top 7 Spring Break SSR Trip "Moments of Huh?!?!"

I have a 5 year old son who loves the hot tubs. However, he has been taught (by me) that he is to just SIT there, not splash, not swim, not going under, and certainly not jumping in. If a young child sits there (like any other adult would), I don't see a problem with him/her being there, with an adult of course. No child should ever be in a hot tub without their parent/guardian present. I do not allow him to stay in the hot tub for more than 5-10 minutes, either.

However, I DO take exception to babies. I don't care if they are not crying. Hot tubs are TOO hot for diaper-age children, PERIOD. Here is just one comment I found on the topic:

The hot temperature in a hot tub also poses danger to small children. A child's skin is much thinner and burns more quickly than an adult's skin. Since the skin of children is not able to regulate temperature as quickly as adults, it puts children at an increased risk for dehydration and overheating. Children have been severely scalded by hot water in a hot tub. It is usually recommended that children under the age of 5 not be allowed in hot tubs because of their sensitive skin and the potential safety risks of a hot tub for children that age. Children between 5 and 12 years of age must be taught safety rules when in a hot tub.

When are some parents going to wake up? When their baby is scalded???

love your post.....

I forgot about that guy.......he had us in stitches.....bringy:happytv: back the appliance guy:happytv:

Are you talking about the Appliance Direct guy who was noted for such quotations as:

"Do you know how to tell a good quality dishwasher from a poor quality dishwaser? Put a cake in it!"

"Your refrigerator will sound like there is a 747 in your kitchen" (why would you want that?)

"How can you tell a quality stove from one that is just junk? Chicken and a fan!"

"Never mind about Energy Star appliances. Ours are Energy Angel."

and "buying appliances anywhere else is just wacky-nu-nu."

He entertained my entire family during a pre-cruise stay, and we've followed him on youtube, as well. Must be the same guy. He wears a t-shirt which says "I Love Refrigerators." Enough said.

There are so many positives on my trips to Walt Disney World, that I really find it difficult to focus in on anything negatives.

That's him. Awesome! He just says "You're in Florida" to me, every time I see him.

Exactly.....it was either Stacey or the appliance guy....appliance guy always won:happytv:
I will have to look him up on youtube.....he is seriously funny.....wonder if that is what he is going for;)

I LOVE the OP's first post! Everything was taken light-hearted! There are so many times DH and I look at each other, shake our heads, and laugh at some of the things we see in WDW. The phrase "some people" doesn't even come close to describing some of what we've seen! I'll have to tell him we are going to jot down our "huh?" moments and rank them next time!

I LOVE the OP's first post! Everything was taken light-hearted! There are so many times DH and I look at each other, shake our heads, and laugh at some of the things we see in WDW. The phrase "some people" doesn't even come close to describing some of what we've seen! I'll have to tell him we are going to jot down our "huh?" moments and rank them next time!

Alexander (and DDHOEG) glad you enjoyed my list :wave2:

As ya'll mentioned - our trip was great. Loved it. These were just those little weird (thus the term "huh") moments that my wife and I will recall at some point when we're looking at pics of the trip and share a little laugh.

Looking forward to seeing other folks little lists of "huh" moments in the future :thumbsup2

Just got back yesterday, after being at SSR from Saturday to Friday. I did notice the lifeguards at the main pool pointing out the smoking areas to people around the pool.

Also, we decided, that next time we are going to rent a stroller to just protect ourselves from the demonic parents that use strollers as weapons. We got run over by so many purposefully it was ridiculous. It was like "I have a stroller, get out of my way!!"

And yes, the coffee cups are way too small.

Also, we decided, that next time we are going to rent a stroller to just protect ourselves from the demonic parents that use strollers as weapons. We got run over by so many purposefully it was ridiculous. It was like "I have a stroller, get out of my way!!"

Perhaps.....BUT I noticed on our last trip that people without strollers would cut in front of me, not realizing that I was pushing another 3 feet of equipment. Then THEY get mad b/c I ram them with my stroller?? It's like trying to cross railroad tracks at the last possible second, getting hit by a train, and then being mad at the train for not being able to stop. :scared1:

And I admit, I probably nicked my share of ankles. I tried to apologize every time I did it and would usually say "I'm so sorry! I try SO HARD not to do that!" And I really do try!

Luckily, our stroller is small and lightweight. I feel for the families that bring their SUV strollers along! I couldn't handle that!!! Then I'd really be an (unintentional) menace!!

There were the polite stroller pushers, then there was the dad after the parade who had to go to the restroom, and took no hostages. He did not want to wait in line at the baby care station at Main Street, so he headed towards Adventure Land. That is the type of person I'm talking about.

As for children in hot tubs, I was told years ago that sitting in a hot tub for extended peroids were bad for the male reproductive organs. So, if you want grandchildren someday, remember your little swimmers may not have such great swimmers when they are adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter