• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 5 Epcot Dinner Restaurants

I am not a WDW vet but I made an ADR at Rose and Crown for dinner in hopes of viewing Illuminations while there. I had been a little hesitant on my choice until I listened to this live reviewby podcast by WDW Radio. Now I can't wait to eat there.

For our Family the top are:
Tutto Italia
Via Naples
San Angel Inn
Chefs de France
Tokyo Dining

Everywhere we have eaten in Epcot has been very good.
So glad that I never based my picks on Reviews or I wouldn't have try any.
The Mexican Restaurant serves authentic food
not Tex-Mex which our family does not like. San Angel was one of the best meals we had all week, 100% better that Jiko's which gets high ratings.
Tutto Italia and Via Naples are wonderful, The servers are very nice and friendly, both of these restaurants were the only ones who wished us a happy anniversary (sang to us in Italian), even though we had add this celebration to over 8 different Ressies.

We loved the Rose and Crown and have eaten there several times. I think it really gets overlooked and if your not on a dinning plan its pretty reasonable in price. We just had a wonderful dinner there on Feb.4. Our ADR was for 7:00 and when checking in I very nicely asked if we could get a seat outside. She said she would note it on the check-in slip and about 5 min. later we were lead to the most perfect table right on the water. Our server asked if we were planning on staying for the show and when I said yes he laughed and said we had the best seat in the park. The meal was wonderful and he paced it so that we were just finishing our dessert when Illuminations started. The show was great and it felt like a private showing just for us. I did leave a 30% tip because I know we held up the table a little long but our server never made us feel that way.

I've done all but Nine Dragons and the new tapas place. My top 5 would be:

Biergarten
Monsieur Paul
Marrakesh
Tutto Gusto (Not Tutto Italia)
Tokyo Dining

My least favorites would be San Angel and Akershus. In all honesty, there's not much difference in my preferences from the top of my list to the bottom. I think Monsieur Paul and Beirgarten are a notch above the rest of them but after that, I could easily exchange one for another. I love Rose and Crown and Chefs de France for lunch but not so much for dinner.

I like:

Tutto Italia
Le Cellier
Teppan Edo

I would stay away from Nine Dragons. Other than that you should be fine.

I like:

Tutto Italia
Le Cellier
Teppan Edo

I would stay away from Nine Dragons. Other than that you should be fine.

See now I'd say LeCellier is over priced for the quality (my last filet there was charred for medium) and we enjoy Nine Dragons......

Everything is subjective.

Our favs (no particular order):

- La Hacienda de San Angel - Tried this for the first time last trip (usually we do a San Angel Inn dinner). They have a couple dinners for two that are really good. I think they're similar but one is seafood based and I think the other steak (maybe chicken). We had the seafood dinner and it was delicious.

- Via Napoli - when there's four of us, we get the large pizza (I think its called mezzo metro, or something like that). Expensive at $41, but when split four ways, its probably the least expensive full service meal in Epcot.

- Chefs de France - we like this for lunch.

- San Angel Inn - great atmosphere, although a little crowded. Food is decent too.

- Rose and Crown - been there a couple times and have had a nice meal. If you go for fish and chips, quite honestly, I've found it better to just get them at the outdoor counter service, maybe for lunch. Also, if you're going for a dinner/Illuminations combo, keep in mind the wind is often blowing towards Rose and Crown. You'll go home with a head full of fireworks ash. (not really, but you do get some)

there are also several good choices to be found on the Boardwalk, just a short walk out the back gate. Flying Fish,Yachtsman and Kouzzina come to mind. We have had consistently good meals at Nine Dragons, Rose and Crown, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Cape May, along with good and mediocre meals at LeCellier and San Angel Inn. I guess it all depends on what food you're looking for

My top 5 favorites are:

• Le Cellier - lunch and dinner are the same. I really like the cheddar cheese soup with pretzel breadsticks and the filet mignon with mushroom risotto.
  • Via Napoli - lunch and dinner are the same. The arancini, prosciutto e melone pizza and the Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni sundae are my favorites.
  • Rose & Crown - I really liked the Scotch Egg and the Cottage Pie.
  • Les Chefs de France - this would work for either lunch or dinner because my favorite items are on both menus.
  • Biergarten - lots of variety and entertainment

For us, the list would be ( in no particular order):
Via Napoli
San Angel Inn
Teppan Edo
Le Cellier
Tutto Italia

My top 5 for dinner:
-Le Cellier: Rib eye with mushroom risotto, pretzel breadsticks

-Via Napoli: Thin crust wood fired pizza, frito misto appetizer to share, but save room for the desserts! Atmosphere is light and airy, but noisy.

-Rose & Crown: One of the less expensive dinner places, but good for a view of IllumiNations either from a patio or table or the viewing area exclusively for R&C guests.

-Les Chefs: Lobster Bisque, Short rib, Profiteroles are what I usually choose.

-Tutto Italia: Typical Italian dishes. Quieter than Via Napoli. Great service.

Via Napoli tops my list hands down. I haven't eaten at five restaurants in Epcot yet because we love Cape May Cafe at BC so much, but the one underrated place I truly enjoyed is Nine Dragons. I'm the person who orders multiple appetizers as my entree, and their appetizers are definitely good and not all are your everyday Chinese food. The entrees may start to get a bit iffy, but I loved how they gave a full slice of one of their actual desserts for my birthday instead of the generic cupcake most places give you.

See now I'd say LeCellier is over priced for the quality (my last filet there was charred for medium) and we enjoy Nine Dragons......

Everything is subjective.

So correct. Especially with food. I like Le Cellier however I feel the Yachtsman has a better steak. I should note that I am almost always on the DDP so that helps with any cost questions I have as I agree their OOP costs are a bit high.

I ate at Nine Dragons in July and had an absolutely horrible meal. I gave it a try since we were on DDP and our entire group of 5 agreed that was our worst meal of the trip hands down.

So correct. Especially with food. I like Le Cellier however I feel the Yachtsman has a better steak. I should note that I am almost always on the DDP so that helps with any cost questions I have as I agree their OOP costs are a bit high.

I ate at Nine Dragons in July and had an absolutely horrible meal. I gave it a try since we were on DDP and our entire group of 5 agreed that was our worst meal of the trip hands down.

Yachtsman is definitely a better steak. Years (and I mean years) ago LeCellier served Prime Canada beef (that was their claim to fame when they were not so popular) and it was fork tender. They also served baked potatoes. Now for $50 you get a tiny (like 6oz) Piece of meat that they call a filet (I'm not kidding, they brought out my plate and it looked like a medallion sitting on my risotto, which was not fully cooked). I was extremely disappointed, especially since it was practically incinerated, extremely well done (it was ordered medium). I did not send it back after witnessing our table mates (they were actually at the table next to us but were so close they may as well have been at our table) have their forks taken away with their appetizer plates and no replacements given with their main dish. They sat, no joke for ten minutes while their food cooled waiting on their server to flit back by. Or any server for that matter. Yachtsman used to have a wonderful chateaubriand for two that we would order for our girls to split. It's been gone for a while now but the ribeye has always been flavorful and juicy and their deserts are wonderful

At Nine Dragons I never stray, always order the Kung Pao Chicken. The spicing is wonderful. My family will order Honey sesame chicken and everyone is picking off my plate. I will say this, through the years Nine Dragons has ceased begin the bargain it used to be. Ten years ago yo would order an entree and you received a plate/platter full. Each entree was this way, then they brought you a covered bowl full of rice. We have watched that evolve to what you get now, a scoop of entree and scoop of rice for virtually the same price. We used t one able to order two or three platters and split them with our girls, those days are long gone.

At R&C the last time I had the curry dish and it was delicious, reminded me a lot of dished I've had in various Indian restaurants, welcome break from the battered and fried fish

Yachtsman is definitely a better steak. Years (and I mean years) ago LeCellier served Prime Canada beef (that was their claim to fame when they were not so popular) and it was fork tender. They also served baked potatoes. Now for $50 you get a tiny (like 6oz) Piece of meat that they call a filet (I'm not kidding, they brought out my plate and it looked like a medallion sitting on my risotto, which was not fully cooked). I was extremely disappointed, especially since it was practically incinerated, extremely well done (it was ordered medium). I did not send it back after witnessing our table mates (they were actually at the table next to us but were so close they may as well have been at our table) have their forks taken away with their appetizer plates and no replacements given with their main dish. They sat, no joke for ten minutes while their food cooled waiting on their server to flit back by. Or any server for that matter. Yachtsman used to have a wonderful chateaubriand for two that we would order for our girls to split. It's been gone for a while now but the ribeye has always been flavorful and juicy and their deserts are wonderful

At Nine Dragons I never stray, always order the Kung Pao Chicken. The spicing is wonderful. My family will order Honey sesame chicken and everyone is picking off my plate. I will say this, through the years Nine Dragons has ceased begin the bargain it used to be. Ten years ago yo would order an entree and you received a plate/platter full. Each entree was this way, then they brought you a covered bowl full of rice. We have watched that evolve to what you get now, a scoop of entree and scoop of rice for virtually the same price. We used t one able to order two or three platters and split them with our girls, those days are long gone.

At R&C the last time I had the curry dish and it was delicious, reminded me a lot of dished I've had in various Indian restaurants, welcome break from the battered and fried fish

That sounds like a truly awful experience at LC. I have always had excellent service there. I agree with your assessment of the meat quality...it really has gone downhill over the years. I will have to say I had an enjoyable meal there in December. Again, not the quality of Yachtsman but still enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter