Top 5 Disney Hotel Smells!!!

I love the smell of the AKV-Kidani village so much, I found out what it was and got some of my own. Green clover and aloe.

I like the smell at the Wilderness Lodge; it's kind of an earthy/woodsy smell. I also LOVE the smell of the Poly lobby, and the hallway by Captain Cook's.

Now you are scaring me - are they filling all of these locations with artificial scents? I can't breathe after inhaling many strong candles/sprays/air fresheners. It is normally not an issue for me in public places, other than a couple of clothing stores and candle/bath/beauty/perfume stores, which I can easily avoid. If it is a short exposure, I can use my inhaler and get out of there quickly, though I hate the way I feel after using the inhaler - it isn't an every day thing.

I don't think anything in the Disney resorts is like that. Most of the smells people here seem to be talking about are from food or the pools. I have never smelled a perfumey smell anywhere. Disney does "add to the magic" by piping in some extra smells here and there though. I don't know that I have ever read anyone complain, but on rides like Soarin', Bug's life,ect. they spray smells into the air. You might want to ask on another thread (maybe special needs?) if anyone has ever had a reaction.
Buy the way I vote Poly and WL but cannot wait to finally smell this BC smell I keep hearing about!!! About a month and a half to go!!!

Now you are scaring me - are they filling all of these locations with artificial scents? I can't breathe after inhaling many strong candles/sprays/air fresheners. It is normally not an issue for me in public places, other than a couple of clothing stores and candle/bath/beauty/perfume stores, which I can easily avoid. If it is a short exposure, I can use my inhaler and get out of there quickly, though I hate the way I feel after using the inhaler - it isn't an every day thing.

I wouldn't say they are pumping in an artificial smell. It is often the cleaning products, or the water in fountains, food being cooked in restaurants, vegetation/plants etc that cause the "smells" that everyone is discussing.

My personal favorites are Coronado Springs, Poly & Beach Club :)

I like the smell of the Caribbean Beach Resort. I don't know what it is but it smells great.

I wanted to say the very same thing! :thumbsup2

I agree here!

You mean the scent you get outside while walking around the resort, right? I'm sure it's from some of the vegetation planted there.

Every time we are there it stops me in my tracks. I just stop and take it all in. My wife laughs at me. Considering we usually go in the winter when we have no such lush aromas at home, it's very striking when we arrive.:)

To me, the Body Shop's Chamomile White Tea shower gel smells JUST like the Swan lobby. LOVE- IT. It's a discontinued scent but you can find it on ebay.

Interesting post. I have ALWAYS connected memories to smells.:love: We stayed at WL last year and had an AMAZING time. There IS a smell there..just like other resorts. Funny that I never really thought about it. This trip is BW, and I'm anxious to SMELL it out!! ;)

Never noticed the smells and I have a pretty well developed sense of smell. If someone has on to strong of a perfume or cologne it sends me running in the other direction. But I love the aromas of the different flowers at the resorts. Probably why my favorite time at Disney is the spring time with the flowere and garden show at Epcot. Back to my original point though it is not the smells that draw me into the resort it is the sounds. Specifically the music at OKW. Hearing that Jimmy Buffet music when you first get to HH just puts me in the right frame of mind.

The perfume from Norway, and I finally bought some this last trip. I sprayed some in the bathroom the other day and my DD walks in says, "Hmmm, smells like Norway in here." LOL! I had to laugh at that, and if I need a little Disney fix, I just reach for the bottle.:goodvibes

ETA: Oops, sorry. I just re-read the posting and you're asking for resort smells. Sorry. Ignore me.

The Polynesian. Every time we got off the monorail and passed the "Aloha" sign the doors opened and we smelled that smell. It is hard to describe but it is awesome. My son even said "I just love that smell, Mommy!".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter