• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 3 things you remember about kindergarten ?

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
3. Nap time and seeing Debbie Twiggs underwear, we actually were friends thru High School and laughed about this on many occasions

2. The teacher telling Terry Brown his sure was inside out , so he tool it off and thru it away (as if it was the shirts fought) . Oddly enough me and Terry are still friends, only one I still keep in tough with. He has lived an odd life, he is the nicest guy you will ever meet 95 percent of time, quiet,laughs at all your jokes, then all of a sudden he robs fast food restaurant. Us that know him now call him The Hamburgular

1. Art Time, everyone drew a pic, but every day one kid got his chance at the easel to paint a pic. One Boy just thru colors all over the paper, and the reacher asked him what it was he said an explosion. then the next time a boy got to do a pic he drew an explosion, the next boy was me, I painted an explosion then the teacher made an anuncment, " we have seen enough explosions, no more", LOL

1. I was in PM half day Kindergarten. Was never a morning person, even as a kid!
2. Milk and snacks. The moms always baked such delicious treats that were shared by all!
3. Music and games. Seems like we did a whole lot of playing and dancing. I don't think we learned to read until the first grade!

The sound the hard chalk made in the black chalkboard

not being able to find my way around the school & therefore to my classroom

thr huge bathroom with lots of rows of stalls.

The recess yard that had an iron gate around it.

My pink rug for nap time

My first crush (his name was Greg and he was cute!)

Having to make all new friends since we moved to the other side of town over Christmas break

Close fourth - the milk was always warm, which made me gag. I like my milk so cold it has ice flecks in it.

1. Nap time - don’t dare move or the teacher would freak out

2. I always brought a banana for snack.

3. We had a cool jungle gym set up in class and the teacher had a list of who had a turn each day. I don’t remember ever having a turn. I think she accidentally left my name off the list, but I was too shy/scared to speak up.

Honestly I really only have one, but it is very detailed. We were having a program and when we were practicing, the teacher had me try to sing "The star spangled banner" and I couldn't make it past the first line. She assigned it to someone else (who to my amazement and confusion actually knew the words) and assigned me to be a kitty lapping up milk from a bowl on the floor in some sort of skit. Mom wouldn't let me wear pants so my underwear showed when I was crawling around in front of all those people. I was sssssooooo embarrassed and humiliated!! The bowl was red and I can even picture the audience - my friend Jimmy's dad was very tall and was wearing a trench coat and his laugh was the loudest of all.

My other memories are very vague. 2. being dropped off in front and not wanting to go in 3. waiting my turn for the bathroom

What's funny is that after my one big kindergarten memory being one of humiliation I actually became a kindergarten teacher. I picture my teacher as a very mean old lady. I hope my students remember me more fondly!

I didn't go to kindergarten, either. You had to be five by a certain date, and I missed it. I was already reading and writing anyway, so I was tested and skipped to first grade at four.

I went to a private school for kindergarten and 1st grade because my birthday missed the cut-off for public schools. But for private schools, if you passed the entrance test they would allow you to pay the tuition, haha

1. we didn’t have a gym, so our ‘gym requirement’ was somersaults and cartwheels on a mat in the hallway😳
2. Singing America the Beautiful every morning.
3. Chasing Joshua around his desk trying to kiss him 😂

Nap time with the mat
Fingerprinting in one of my dad's old shirts for a smock
Snack time.

I had morning half day Kindergarten then I would go home and watch part of Search For Tomorrow and then Young and Restless,lol.

1. Playing in the classroom in the play kitchen and the block corner (building towers with the wooden blocks).

2. Playing outside on the playground, taking turns on the swings and seesaws.

3. The teacher would call up kids one at a time to test us on certain things we had to know, like our address and phone number. I was really shy; this was so intimidating and made me scared of the teacher (even though I always knew the answers).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter