Top 3 "Most Missed" Attractions/Shows

I also loved The Hunchback! The jester was incredible. I miss Tarzan Rocks already....and the "real" Journey Into the Imagination.

And finally:
Hunchback Show
I'm definately bias on this - worked as a college program CM here back in '97 (not IN the show, as an attendant). I saw this show sooo many times and I never tired of it. I'd even go once in a while to see it as a guest, despite watching/listening to it 20+ times a week. I still am not crazy about Beauty and the Beast because I thought (and still do) that Hunchback blew it out of the water in every respect.

I posted, then went back and read more posts. You mentioned some good ones!

I miss Hunchback the most. I, also, never tired of it. Question...did the same person/persons play the Jester. I thought the same one played him for years. One of my favorite performers. If so, do they still perform at WDW?

(1) I really miss Horizons! It was one of my favorite attractions.

(2) World of Motion

(3) Hunchback of Notre Dame--Great show, better than Beauty and the Beast.

I really miss the original Journey Into Imagination, too. I wish they would bring it back. The new one is terrible. :sad2: I also miss Kitchen Cabaret and Food Rocks. I wish they could find somewhere else to put them.

Tied for first place would be Food Rocks and Cranium Command.
Tarzan Rocks would be next.
And I'll throw in Tapestry of Dreams/Nations because it's hard to pick just 3!

I tabulated the votes thus far:

original Imagination: 4
Food Rocks/Kitchen Kabaret: 5
Hunchback: 9
Doug: 1
20,000 Leagues: 4
Horizons: 8
Toad: 9
*Dream Flight/If you Had Wings: 10*
World of Motion: 3
Tarzan Rocks: 4
Alien Encounter: 2
Who Wants to be a Millionaire?: 1
Mike Fink Keel Boats/Davy Crocket Canoes: 1 each
Jungle Book: 1
Skyway: 3
Cranium Command: 2
Time Keeper: 1
Tapestry of Dreams/Nations: 4

By the way, I remember (and rode on) the Swan Boats, but don't miss them at all.

Add more votes to:
Horizons
Mr. Toad

And I imagine I will be the only one voting for this, which is probably why it is gone:
Discovery Island. It was away from the crowds since it could only be accessed by boat. While Animal Kingdom is all well and fine, it is 'too' Disney while DI felt at least a little bit more like a nature preserve. Everything there was wonderful, although the highlight was the bird habitat where you could walk through and have birds land on you. I have a photo I need to find where four or five sun conjures are on my head and shoulders. Definitely one of my top three Disney moments of all time.

Top three--

Original Journey into Imagination
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

I miss a lot of the old attractions (like Horizons), but these are the ones I miss the most.

(we havent been yet-- we're going in may)

however, when i was a kid, we lived in central FL and had season passes. we used to go to EPCOT all the time and we loved all of the attractions there. since we've been planning this trip with my family it seems like virtually none of the attractions i remember are still there (obviously the world showcase seems the same). some i'm not sure if they're gone, but many i've seen listed here. our favorites included: horizons, cranium command (was everything removed that was in that building or just this attraction?), kitchen kabaret (wasn't there a boat ride where you could see them growing the vegetables hydroponic-ly? is that still there?)

i know people always assumed that EPCOT was boring for kids, so maybe that's why they seem to have re-done it. maybe we were just weird kids, but we really loved everything. what about the carousel of progress? i guess some of these were cheesy and outdated, but we enjoyed them.

1) Horizons
2) World of Motion
3) ORIGINAL Enchanted Tiki Room

Tapestry of Nations, Tarzan Rocks, and the original Journey into Imagination too, but you said just 3 ... :)

1) Horizons
2) Journey into Imagination
3)Universe of Energy- I remember the radok rotating screens in the preshow of that ride, plus it had too really neat, although somewhat dorky theme songs

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Alien Encounter
HOrizons

w/honorable mention to World of Motion, Kitchen Kabaret, 20K Leagues Under the Sea

I miss Hunchback the most. I, also, never tired of it. Question...did the same person/persons play the Jester. I thought the same one played him for years. One of my favorite performers. If so, do they still perform at WDW?

While I worked there, there were basically two primary cast members for each singing/speaking roll and an understudy (sometimes one of the gypsies). So there where two Chopins (Jesters), two Esmereldas, etc. The "veteran" Chopin had been there for a long time, the other was new and had just finished training a few weeks before I started. There was an understudy also, and for some reason I want to say he took over the role from the veteran just before I left (I was there from Sept '97 - Jan '98). I don't remember what the veteran was moving onto - his decision - not Disney's. I know a year later it was still the same as when I left, but not sure from there on out.

The general "scheduling" was a main character would perform all the shows on 3 days and split the shows on a day. From what I can remember, the schedules were pretty set on the main guys. The gypsies seemed more random, but that could have been because one show they could be playing one position and the next show they could being doing a completely different position. The gypsies pretty much had to know each position for their gender and there were a few positions which could be played by a guy or a girl. A lot of the gypsies actually moved over to Animal Kingdom for the Lion King show and were finishing up with Hunchback in early '98 to start training for the AK opening in April of '98. I remember seeing a couple of them in years since performing there.

Like I said earlier and was pretty fun kind of knowing all these little details of how the show get put on. I'm pretty sure that Beauty and the Beast works pretty much the same.

I also wanted to add that the juggler - Matt - pretty much worked all the shows 5 days a week and then the other two days there would be another regular (who generally worked the boardwalk) and then an occasional additional fill in.

That was a great show, wasn't it? I had no idea that it had either made it's way from here to Florida, or possibly the other way around.

We have a whole section here at Disneyland that was built especially for the Hunchback show. Now it just sits there empty or is used for coroprate events.

Horizons
World of Motion
Dream Flight

Seems we might be able to open a NEW theme park with all these attractions and shows that we all miss so much:) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter