Top 3 favorite disney moments / things to do in park--not rides or characters :)

Katholicchik

Mouseketeer
What have been your top 3 must do, favorite experiences while at WDW--but EXCLUDING characters or rides / shows??

Looking for off the beaten path disney adventures for the family: ie personal or family rituals, fav dining experiences, places to see / parts of the park that were meaningful for your family for a special reason, hobbies or little known secrets etc.

Have a magical Disney day ;)

Not far off the beaten path, but..

1. Dole Whips and turkey legs
2. Lego store in DTD
3. My kids know that at first sight of a monorail, I'm telling the old Simpsons joke, "Mono means one, and rail means rail."

We usually pack a lunch to take to the parks on a few of our park days; one of our favorite places to eat is at Tom Sawyer Island in MK. There is a covered gazebo with tables that looks out over the water and there is usually no one else there, so it is very peaceful.

We also love hanging out in Adventureland at night. It's usually not very crowded, since there aren't a lot of rides over there. I love the lighting and the music, and we like to explore the treehouse at night.

Not sure if I should share because it won't be my secret anymore, but I'm sure you guys wont tell anybody, right?

My DH and I discovered that we love going up in the Swiss Family tree house to watch the fireworks. Usually there is no one else up there and there's a spot that has a direct sightline to the castle. I mean I wouldn't make this your single fireworks viewing but if you've already seen them once in your trip, seeing them from up there is a really cool and different experience.

1. Having lunch at Columbia Harbour House, we sit upstairs by the window over looking the crossover between Fantasyland and Liberty Square.
Great way to have a good meal and people watch. We eat there every trip.
2. Going through the department store in the Japan pavilion. Love that place.
3. Exploring the resort. We try and stay somewhere new each time (not always feasable) and take time to find the little magic places at each resort.

3. My kids know that at first sight of a monorail, I'm telling the old Simpsons joke, "Mono means one, and rail means rail."

Haha! My buddy and I, pretty much form the moment our trip starts, do nothing but quote the Simpsons episode Itchy & Scratchy Land! It always starts with, "Remember, we're parked in the ITCHY lot."

To the OP:

1. MK Welcome Show: I can't miss it! It brings a tear to my eye.
2. Talking to the guy in the Hall of Presidents that knows all that presidential trivia. He's great!
3. The lobby of the Grand Floridian while the piano player is there. I only just went there for the first time on my last trip, but he plays a lot of Disney classics beautifully rendered on piano.

Eating at Ohana for supper is one of the things I look forward to all year long. I love that place!
I love riding the boat transportation from HS to Epcot. Is always relaxing to me.
Playing putt putt golf is a fun way to spend time in an afternoon too.

When my boys were little, two of our must do's were in EP:

Play with the jumping fountains over by Imagination until someone gets wet
Stop to watch the "fireworks" in the concrete tiles at night by Innoventions.

I had alot of fun looking for the hidden pascals in the Rapunzel charging/bathroom/tower area in Fantasyland. I was solo and it was the first time I'd ever done that. It was fun!

Taking fun Point of View pictures in the Streets of America. I did it with my family on our last trip and I'm going to do some solo in April.

The Japan Pavilion and China Pavilion in Epcot - so many things to look at in those pavilions.

Great thread idea!

1. Lunch at Earl of Sandwich in DTD

2. Dinner at Rainforest Cafe in DTD

3. Wave at every monorail and train that goes by. More and more people wave back

1)Having dinner on a Wed. at Boma.
2)Getting up early with my child and swimming in the pool before breakfast.
3)Always take an evening boat ride to DTD from POR and back with my husband.

Drawing class at the Animation Academy in Hollywood Studios. It's DD'S absolute favorite thing our last 2 trips. We have done 6+ character drawings now. Great free souvenir too! (I just scan them and put in scrapbook/photo album).

Tip- carry an empty paper towel tube in your bag, so u can roll up drawings and tale them home undamaged!

Pin trading! My sister and I (both adults) love looking in shops and for CMs with pins, even though sometimes we don't know what we are looking for til we find it...but that's half the fun!

1. Riding bikes from FW to WL.
2. Playing Goofy Bingo and hanging in the hammocks at Old Man Island Pool at POR.
3. Being on FD and picking anything and anywhere to eat without worrying about how much I am spending.

Love this thread! Awesome ideas!

1. Love the patisserie in France- always sit back there for a tasty breakfast treat

2. Love the first steps into each MK land and also the other parks...get so wrapped up in all the details, the music, the ambiance.... It's magic.

3. Dole whips are a must have, and now with rum during F and G festival... And I hadn't thought they could get any better!

4. I enjoy watching the crowd- young ones, old ones, everyone in between. Walt really created a masterpiece.

Since you said in the parks, I'll stick to those:
At MK watching at least one show in front of the castle. Wandering around the rose garden.
At Epcot eating at Mexico (the first restaurant inside the pyramid) and trying to get a seat next to the rail and seeing how many people we can get to wave back at us who are on the ride. Getting an ice cream cone in France and going to Morocco and sitting on a bench near the fountain and watching the people. Wandering around the grounds at China and Japan. Looking at the little village with the train. Watching the water fountain when it goes off.
At AK watching the performers in Africa. Searching for Devine.
At HS walking around the back lot and searching for the Singing in the rain umbrella. Going to the book store and having a cup of tea and a cookie. Eating at Brown Derby.

My boys are obsessed with playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game! Even if you don't play, the cards are beautiful and it's a free souvenir! Everyone with a ticket gets a free pack. If you play even just a little bit, you can get another free pack on your next visit.

Winter Summerland Mini Golf. Do this first thing when they open and there's no one there! Super kid friendly and lots of fun.

Taking the boat from MK to the campground for dinner at Trail's End. Nice break from the park and the food is really, really good. Think this is a bit of a hidden gem!

Devine! Love her!!!! Love just watching other people's reactions when they first see her!

Free samples at Ghiardelli's in DTD. And letting the kids play at the Lego store.

We love mini golf also :) We used to always go to Winter Summerland but Fantasia Garden is now a favorite too.

O'hana. Its a great way to start off a trip, it has such a magical feel.

But my favorite thing is checking in at the resort for the first time. It means your trip has "begun" and your finally in Disney. :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter