• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 3 Bucket List Trips

South American river cruise
Egypt
This sounds weird considering I can go there anytime... But I would LOVE to do NYC with no budget. Just go ALL OUT on hotels, restaurants, bars, and shopping.

England/Ireland-planning that in 2017.
West coast-planning on that in 2016.

Grand Canyon-we did that earlier this year.

I'm very lucky that I've had the chance to visit a lot of places! I guess my top three remaining bucket list are:

Maldives (specifically staying at the Four Seasons)
Prague
Iceland to see the Aurora-I'm scared of the cold though ;)

I'm very lucky that I've had the chance to visit a lot of places! I guess my top three remaining bucket list are:

Maldives (specifically staying at the Four Seasons)
Prague
Iceland to see the Aurora-I'm scared of the cold though ;)
My good friend just visited her daughter in Prague(study abroad type thing). She loved it. She wasn't expecting to, but she did :)

There's only really 1 that constitutes bucket list status (for my DH way more than me):
  • Land tour of Rome and a Med cruise that must include Monte Carlo
We almost got there this year for our 20th Anniversary; should have been there now actually. :( Due to "issues" we ended up cancelling and cruising Alaska instead. Oh well...at least we got to watch a whole bunch of other people take their dream-trip.

Alaska - either a cruise/tour or 4-6 weeks driving ourselves with the truck camper
Hawaii - probably a cruise there from California so there are plenty of sea days plus several days on the islands, then just fly there if we ever want to go back
Out West - Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, etc. with our truck camper

I used to dream of going to Paris, London, Venice, etc. but I really don't think I want to do those l-o-n-g plane rides. Maybe a transatlantic cruise...that would be fun. :)

Alaska - either a cruise/tour or 4-6 weeks driving ourselves with the truck camper
Hawaii - probably a cruise there from California so there are plenty of sea days plus several days on the islands, then just fly there if we ever want to go back
Out West - Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, etc. with our truck camper

I used to dream of going to Paris, London, Venice, etc. but I really don't think I want to do those l-o-n-g plane rides. Maybe a transatlantic cruise...that would be fun. :)
:laughing: Just like on my Vacation thread, turns out every least-favorite mentioned is somebody else's dream trip!

Last edited:
1. African hunting safari
2. New England in the Fall
3. Yellowstone (I've been twice before, but DW & the kids have never been).

Our travel bucket list has gotten pretty short, thanks to all the travelling we've been able to do over the last 15 years or so. (One of the main reasons why I'm so upbeat on my "empty nester" thread post). But at the top of our remaining list
- New Zealand
-Bora Bora
- African Safari

The first one is imminent. #3 is pretty much just a dream.

1. Australia
2. A tour of the United Kingdom
3. A whale-watching expedition where there's a guarantee that there are whales (don't want to endanger them, but I'd like to see them)

A whale-watching expedition where there's a guarantee that there are whales (don't want to endanger them, but I'd like to see them)
I went on one out of Provincetown a year ago May. Lots of humpbacks, and it was great seeing their bubble net feeding, multiple times. The lookout spotted a minke whale and I think a fin whale, but since there was only one of each, I didn't get nearly the satisfying view of them as I did for the humpbacks.

I'd definitely do it again. I don't think anyone will guarantee whales (at least not in this area), but they can certainly advise you as to the best time of year.

1. African hunting safari
2. New England in the Fall
3. Yellowstone (I've been twice before, but DW & the kids have never been).

Thank you for the reminder to appreciate where I am. I live in an area of New England with gorgeous fall foliage.

1. Australia
2. A tour of the United Kingdom
3. A whale-watching expedition where there's a guarantee that there are whales (don't want to endanger them, but I'd like to see them)

I don't know of any that actually guarantee you will see whales (they can't control them) but there are many in MA at least that I know of which will refund the money or give you a free pass for another day if you don't see any. I have never had this issue though as both of the ones I saw had many whales on them, best moment ever was my Dad looking down off the side of the boat and going "Woah" I look down and the whale is literally swimming under the boat got a full outline and able to see just how big they really are. That trip also had alot of ones that were jumping out of the water.

For me:
1) Tour of UK, scotland, and ireland... I'm hoping to do this one in a few years.
2) Italy - If 1 goes well this is our next big trip
3) Japan

I don't know of any that actually guarantee you will see whales (they can't control them) but there are many in MA at least that I know of which will refund the money or give you a free pass for another day if you don't see any. I have never had this issue though as both of the ones I saw had many whales on them, best moment ever was my Dad looking down off the side of the boat and going "Woah" I look down and the whale is literally swimming under the boat got a full outline and able to see just how big they really are. That trip also had alot of ones that were jumping out of the water.

I know there's a place somewhere in the Indian Ocean (can't remember the where at all, though) where they guarantee you'll see whales. Nothing as fun as humpbacks (that's my ultimate to see whale), but you'll see Grey Whales and apparently a lot of them. Mind you, you have to go at a certain time of year, which I'm all for.

I definitely want to check out whale watching in MA though. I've heard nothing but good things about the tours!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter