• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 3 Attractions for WDW

nealfreakinporter

Mouseketeer
When I find someone out in the real world who loves WDW, I always ask them, their top 3 attractions. So what are everybody's here?

I'll start (and this isn't easy):

3.) Haunted Mansion - Quintessential dark ride, filled with laughs, scare, and magic

2.) Celebrate the Magic/Wishes - The combination of music, moving pictures celebrating the Disney movies, and Walt, blasted on Cinderella's castle, and then fireworks with the majority of the parks attendance experiencing at the same moment, the Disney magic in the air is intoxicating. This is why I was hooked by the parks.

1.) Splash Mountain - This is my perfect ride, it utilizes dark ride wonder, with a bit of a thrill (if your my DW, TOO much thrill haha!) But yeah, the music is so catchy, you are constantly question if it's the real drop, it's so colorful, it hits all the right notes of a Disney ride in my opinion!

I would love to hear all of your responses!

When I find someone out in the real world who loves WDW, I always ask them, their top 3 attractions. So what are everybody's here?

I'll start (and this isn't easy):

3.) Haunted Mansion - Quintessential dark ride, filled with laughs, scare, and magic

2.) Celebrate the Magic/Wishes - The combination of music, moving pictures celebrating the Disney movies, and Walt, blasted on Cinderella's castle, and then fireworks with the majority of the parks attendance experiencing at the same moment, the Disney magic in the air is intoxicating. This is why I was hooked by the parks.

1.) Splash Mountain - This is my perfect ride, it utilizes dark ride wonder, with a bit of a thrill (if your my DW, TOO much thrill haha!) But yeah, the music is so catchy, you are constantly question if it's the real drop, it's so colorful, it hits all the right notes of a Disney ride in my opinion!

I would love to hear all of your responses!

I think I was 11-12 years old on my first trip I don't remember a ton about the trip but I remember that feeling being on splash mountain for the first time. It was like I was in a movie while watching a movie. Lame description for an amazing ride. By lame I mean my description of course not yours.

I think I was 11-12 years old on my first trip I don't remember a ton about the trip but I remember that feeling being on splash mountain for the first time. It was like I was in a movie while watching a movie. Lame description for an amazing ride. By lame I mean my description of course not yours.

No totally accurate! I think the color palette for the ride, just looks like you are in the movie! Such a shame, Songs of the South is in Disney lock down, despite it's "controversy" I'd love to watch the movie in it's entirety, because of my love for the ride, and characters.

nealfreakinporter, I love your screen name. It cracks me up.

Top three attractions, huh?? See if I can pick three........Expedition Everest because it goes backwards in the dark and always gives me butterflies in my stomach, Wishes fireworks because they bring a tear to my eyes, and Soarin' because it is just too cool. I love that it reaches all my senses.

We are roller coaster people but I decided not to just list all coasters. I also tend to like acts like The Jammitors and Mulch, Sweat, and Sheers.

3) Pirates of the Caribbean - to me, this is the quintessential "Disney" ride, and also the last one Walt himself actually supervised. Look the music, the theming of the queue and of course The Redhead!!!

2) Tower of Terror - The best overall theming of any Disney ride IMO. The ride itself is just freaking fantastic....always random with the drops, so it's never the same ride twice. And the CM's make it absolutely hysterical..."Oh wait, just one mor......." <doors close> LOLOL!! :rotfl2:

1) Mission Space - Yes I know I'll be the only one with this one. But I love space-themed rides and the feeling of the centrifuge during takeoff blows my mind every single time. I can't not smile during takeoff.

nealfreakinporter, I love your screen name. It cracks me up. Top three attractions, huh?? See if I can pick three........Expedition Everest because it goes backwards in the dark and always gives me butterflies in my stomach, Wishes fireworks because they bring a tear to my eyes, and Soarin' because it is just too cool. I love that it reaches all my senses. We are roller coaster people but I decided not to just list all coasters. I also tend to like acts like The Jammitors and Mulch, Sweat, and Sheers.
Thanks! Haha, a kid in high school gave me a...profane version of that nickname, I have made profane free! And I like your choices! Expedition Everest is my top at AK, and Soarin is top in Epcot...the smell of oranges is just...awesome!!! And I'm still a newbie to the parks, and must add these acts you speak of, to my next Trip list!

3) Pirates of the Caribbean - to me, this is the quintessential "Disney" ride, and also the last one Walt himself actually supervised. Look the music, the theming of the queue and of course The Redhead!!! 2) Tower of Terror - The best overall theming of any Disney ride IMO. The ride itself is just freaking fantastic....always random with the drops, so it's never the same ride twice. And the CM's make it absolutely hysterical..."Oh wait, just one mor......." <doors close> LOLOL!! :rotfl2: 1) Mission Space - Yes I know I'll be the only one with this one. But I love space-themed rides and the feeling of the centrifuge during takeoff blows my mind every single time. I can't not smile during takeoff.
It is soooo flipping hard for me to choose between Pirates and Haunted Mansion. When you bend the corner, and see the ship firing on the fort...EPIC!!!! And Tower of Terror is simply amazing...it's a whole new world of dark ride, mixed with thrill! Man...Disney is just the best! Haha.

3) Pirates of the Caribbean - to me, this is the quintessential "Disney" ride, and also the last one Walt himself actually supervised. Look the music, the theming of the queue and of course The Redhead!!!

2) Tower of Terror - The best overall theming of any Disney ride IMO. The ride itself is just freaking fantastic....always random with the drops, so it's never the same ride twice. And the CM's make it absolutely hysterical..."Oh wait, just one mor......." <doors close> LOLOL!! :rotfl2:

1) Mission Space - Yes I know I'll be the only one with this one. But I love space-themed rides and the feeling of the centrifuge during takeoff blows my mind every single time. I can't not smile during takeoff.

I get the chills just thinking about going on TOT. I usually laugh hysterically after that first drop. My late husband's favorite ride was Mission Space (orange side, of course).

nealfreakinporter, I love your screen name. It cracks me up. Top three attractions, huh?? See if I can pick three........Expedition Everest because it goes backwards in the dark and always gives me butterflies in my stomach, Wishes fireworks because they bring a tear to my eyes, and Soarin' because it is just too cool. I love that it reaches all my senses. We are roller coaster people but I decided not to just list all coasters. I also tend to like acts like The Jammitors and Mulch, Sweat, and Sheers.[/QUOTE

Thanks! Haha, a kid in high school gave me a...profane version of that nickname, I have made profane free!

And I like your choices! Expedition Everest is my top at AK, and Soarin is top in Epcot...the smell of oranges is just...awesome!!!

And I'm still a newbie to the parks, and must add these acts you speak of, to my next
Trip list!

The other thing I almost said, but didn't, but it's a must do for us is Rafiki's Planet Watch. If you go there in the morning the veterinarians are there and you can watch through the glass. Last year we saw a lioness going through some procedures about a foot away from us with only the glass in between. DD used to want to be a veterinarian so we spend a lot of time there and have seen some very cool stuff.

I get the chills just thinking about going on TOT. I usually laugh hysterically after that first drop. My late husband's favorite ride was Mission Space (orange side, of course).

I so want to do Mission: Space but I'm not great in tight spaces (as a kid this didn't bother me, but as an adult I am not a fan). And now I regret passing up Rafiki's Planet Watch while in AK. Thanks for some new ride suggestions, things I can plan for on next trip!

Thats a tough questions but I think I would say in no particular order
- Tower of Terror - Haunted Mansion - Expedition Everest -

I have to say this is funny when I actually thought about it my favorites Epcot is BY FAR my favorite park I've said it is the only WDW park that I still love and if I never went back to I'd be really disappointed...

and it doesn't even have a favorite attraction I guess it shows how much I truly love World Showcase!

Thats a tough questions but I think I would say in no particular order - Tower of Terror - Haunted Mansion - Expedition Everest - I have to say this is funny when I actually thought about it my favorites Epcot is BY FAR my favorite park I've said it is the only WDW park that I still love and if I never went back to I'd be really disappointed... and it doesn't even have a favorite attraction I guess it shows how much I truly love World Showcase!

World Showcase is particularly awesome, because there is only 2 rides, yet it still is so popular, and with good reason.

Some may gripe, but at Epcot Spaceship Earth is a biggie for me...I love vintage dark rides!

Soarin'

Kilimanjaro Safari

Journey into Your Imagination with Figment (not really a great ride -- loved the original version) -- I think Imagination and Creativity are the very essence of WDW so I think it should be recognized. (Lately I've been trying to come up with a good movie plot for Figment (including Dreamfinder) that would move him into prime Disney popularity as a character -- we really miss being able to get a photo with him).

(Those are the ones I was able to do multiple times last trip under this very annoying restrictive new FP+ system -- I spent much less time in the Parks than usual --did manage other favorites a couple of times).

Soarin' Kilimanjaro Safari Journey into Your Imagination with Figment (not really a great ride -- loved the original version) -- I think Imagination and Creativity are the very essence of WDW so I think it should be recognized. (Lately I've been trying to come up with a good movie plot for Figment (including Dreamfinder) that would move him into prime Disney popularity as a character -- we really miss being able to get a photo with him). (Those are the ones I was able to do multiple times last trip under this very annoying restrictive new FP+ system -- I spent much less time in the Parks than usual --did manage other favorites a couple of times).

Journey into Your Imagination is a must for me, as my last trip was my first to Epcot, and we spent more time in World Showcase, seeing as it was Food and Wine Festival... We missed most of Innovations area of FutureWorld. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter