Top 10 Sports Movies of All Time

kali3

Earning My Ears
A friend of mine I went to school with sent me this list of the Top 10 Sports movies of All Time.

We've been talking about it for awhile. Would love some feedback on what other people think are good sports movies.

One word --- RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!!! :goodvibes

That's my #1 pick for sure, and I can't stand ND :rotfl:

I also like "The Greatest Game Ever Played"

My favorite was Rudy then We Are Marshall came out and replaced it.

We Are Marshall
Rudy
The Blind Side
Remember the Titans
Rocky
Field of Dreams

Major League
The Last Boy Scout
Eight Men Out
The Natural
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
Any Given Sunday
The BAd News Bears
Seabiscuit
Rudy
Raging Bull
Caddyshack

There's a running joke in my house about how I don't like sports, but I LOVE sports movies. Nothing can make me cry quite like a sports movie (or documentary on ESPN).

Here's my faves:
The Blind Side
Remember the Titans
Rocky
Miracle
Mystery, Alaska
Happy Gilmore
Tin Cup
Rudy (I just got choked up typing the name.)

I don't know about all time best, but some of my favorites, in no particular order, are:

Field of Dreams
Million Dollar Baby
Hoop Dreams
Bull Durham
A League of Their Own
Major League

Hmm....most of mine are baseball movies. I guess you can tell it's my favorite sport.

I've never seen Rocky or Raging Bull for some reason, but I know they would be on most people's lists.

-Field of Dreams
-What is the 1980 US Hockey team movie called? Miracle on Ice, or something? That one, for sure.
-We Are Marshall
-Rudy
-Remember the Titans
-Hoosiers
-Rocky
-North Dallas Forty
-Raging Bull
-The Longest Yard (the Burt Reynolds version)
-Pride of the Yankees (the Lou Gehrig Story)
-Bull Durham
-A League of Their Own
-Bad News Bears
-Slap Shot

Hoosiers

Breaking Away

Field of Dreams

The Longest Yard

Seabiscuit

Million Dollar Baby

Raging Bull

Ali

Rocky

Brian's Song (technically, a TV movie)

I have never even heard of Brian Song, I doubt they have it on DVD if it was made for tv movie. What was it about

I have never even heard of Brian Song, I doubt they have it on DVD if it was made for tv movie. What was it about

It is "Brian's Song" and it was made in 1971 with James Caan and Billy Dee Williams. True story about 2 Chicago Bears players and the relationship they formed together. One of the players gets cancer. It literally makes you bawl your eyes out.

You can rent it on Netflix.:thumbsup2

Brian Piccolo, running back for the Chicago Bears, his friendship with Gayle Sayers, a fellow RB, and Piccolo's subsequent illness and death from cancer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter