Toothsome - Any recent experiences + will this strategy work?

MinnieLovesTigger

Mouseketeer
I am so obsessed with the photos coming out of Toothsome. I want all the things. But without all the hassle. A lot of reviews make it seem just not worth it with the wait to check in, the wait to be seated, the wait to be served. Anyone there recently that can confirm whether the service has gotten better once you have your coveted table?

Also, my plan. We will be at Universal on a Thursday where resort crowds are level 2. IOS closes at 6 and USF closes at 7. I would like to send DH to ride Hulk while I watch the Holiday Parade at 5. After Hulk, he would then go out our name it at Toothsome and rejoin me at USF to watch the Cinematic Spectacular.

Any hope this would work? How long do you have to get to Toothsome once you get the text your table is almost ready? And is there a long wait to be seated once you have that text?

So many questions, I know. I just want chocolate.

We went before the official opening on a day when crowd levels were around what yours will be, and had no issues being seated. We did go later at night probably 9-10 pm though. We checked in and got our text 10 mins later. My meal wasn't the best, but I did choose something I'd never had before and wasn't sure if I would like. I'd definitely go back again to try something else even if the wait was a little longer because the menu is so extensive.

We went at 4:30 last month and were seated right away. When we left people were waiting for tables. Our waiter said between 5-6 it starts to get busy. We really enjoyed it and plan on going back the next time we go.

I ate there two nights in a row Nov 4th and 5th. Was quoted an hour first night at 7 pm, got seated in 45 min, quoted an hour second night at 6 pm and got seated an hour and a half later. Food was okay, not great to be honest. Service was slow both times. I would eat there again but not until they start taking reservations.

Thanks for the recent experiences. We're going in two weeks, and (Ssshhh) this restaurant matters more to me than the HP ones. So any tips, tricks, and more tales are a

We only went for shakes and there was very little wait. At that time, there were still several tables open for food too so I don't think there's was much of a wait for that either. We were there last week on Wednesday and park crowds were low. I think it was about 6pm. I noticed people really starting coming in about fifteen minutes after we were there though. So - if he goes right after Hulk, there's a chance a table might be already ready. Hulk was actually a walk-on the day we went too.

Ate there on Monday. Really cool place but the food is nothing special (but very reasonably priced). Desserts were big (they are NOT reasonably priced), but outside of the presentation, weren't anything better than what you get at your local ice cream shop. It is a fun place though, so I'll still recommend it. As far as your strategy goes, it is tough to say. I'd give it a try and hope for the best. I did notice that it starts to empty out around 9ish even though the parks closed at 9 on Monday.

Thanks for the candid feedback. Sounds like a typical theme restaurant, where the food is secondary and they don't take reservations in order to increase the hype level.

So with you on this mattering more than the HP restaurants. Although that is a secret in my house too.
I have to totally agree here. I've eaten at both HP restaurants a couple of times and not once has the food been anywhere close to decent. It's the novelty I suppose, but it sure would help if the meal tasted good too.

We went there during the second week of November for a late lunch/early dinner (3pm). We only waited 20 minutes and they told us they would text us, so we didn't have to wait around, which was nice. The food was nothing special, but it wasn't overpriced. The theming was pretty cool. The service was VEEEERRRRRY slow. The saving grace was the peanut butter sundae we got for dessert. It was sincerely AMAZING. I would go again just for dessert.

We went there just yesterday, Sunday, around 5 PM. Table for nine, waited 20 minutes (exactly what they told us), were seated and had our drinks within 7-8 minutes of ordering them. Food came out about 20 minutes after we ordered (this was nine people), so a bit longer than I thought it should take but reasonable. The place was busy, but we noticed a lot of empty tables around us, which we found curious given the number of people waiting. Perhaps a wait staff shortage?

Many of us got shakes, and thought they were good but not WOW! good. I had the Key West shake, and it was interesting. Sour cream ice cream with lime juice and sweetened condensed milk. It wasn't too sweet at all, and I liked that, very different from the super sweet shakes I expect to get.

I will recommend my drink: a vanilla chocolate cocktail: vanilla vodka, two kinds of chocolate, chocolate bitters, with coconut sprinkled on top. REALLY delicious chocolate drink!

I have to totally agree here. I've eaten at both HP restaurants a couple of times and not once has the food been anywhere close to decent. It's the novelty I suppose, but it sure would help if the meal tasted good too.

Our experience this past Sunday was different: eight of us got a variety of stuff at the Leaky Cauldron (shepherd's pie, fisherman's pie, fish and chips, the chicken sandwich, scotch eggs) and everyone thought it was pretty good. Not high end restaurant good, more like the local diner or small local restaurant good. We thought it was decent food for a decent price, and it was a chance to sit-down and eat, which we appreciated.

We stopped around 5:30pm on Saturday the 26th. We just did the quick serve line just inside the restaurant. The line was fast and they delivered to our table within 7 minutes. they also have patio seating. We split 2 sundaes between 6 people. I have no idea how people eat one of those shakes or sundaes all by themselves. I saw MANY half eaten shakes being left at the tables after people left.

We were there last week, I can't remember what night, maybe Tuesday the 22nd around 8pm?

Estimated wait time was 70-80 minutes and the entire front waiting area was wall to wall people.

We said all we wanted was a shake and the host said we could try the bar. Walked up to the bar, which was half empty. Children are allowed to sit at the bar, which shocked me. We each had a drink while waiting for our shakes. Our shakes came very quickly, about 10 minutes after ordering.

I don't like to yuck on anyone's yum but I do not get the type over the shakes.

My son's was fine, no better than any other I have had but I will say the brownie was good.

Mine was absolutely awful, too sweet and very artificial tasting, like they use flavoring instead of real ingredients. I can't remember the name but it had "caramel" drizzled around the top with pretzels. I took three sips and left it sit. My son, who has an insane appetite for sugar, finished about half of his with my help.

The restaurant is pretty cool to look at and the bartenders were fun to talk to but we wouldn't go back.

Do they have a bar at Toothsome? We will be going in March but thinking we can kill an hour wait grabbing a drink at the bar, if there is one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter