Tooth Implant--$8,000 for one???

My understanding may not be correct, but when I think of a crown I think of a man-made partial tooth that is attached to what is left of a real tooth. When I think of an implant I think of the whole thing, the metal post and the porcelain tooth.

Yeah that makes sense but they are all broken down into seperate procedures. Even when getting a crown the bill can be broken down by root canal, post implant into what is left of that tooth after the root canal, then crown put on the post. Same with and implant. The crown itself is the man made tooth metal or porcelain.

Yes, the post is totally separate from getting the actual tooth. The post is put in by the oral surgeon and it needs to heal for a few months before you can get the tooth screwed into the post. And if you have bone loss, you will need a bone graft before you can even get a post. That's why the entire process can take up to a year.

Didn't read 100% of this but adding in that here in Maine, I've had two implants.
One 3 years ago I paid $1800 for the implant plus 1600 for the crown = $3400 and then one year ago i paid $2100 + $1950 = $4050.

The first one insurance pad 50% of the each piece. Different insurance on round 2 paid nothing.

Didn't read 100% of this but adding in that here in Maine, I've had two implants.
One 3 years ago I paid $1800 for the implant plus 1600 for the crown = $3400 and then one year ago i paid $2100 + $1950 = $4050.

The first one insurance pad 50% of the each piece. Different insurance on round 2 paid nothing.

Which insurance you are having as my insurance didn't covered dental implants saying that its under cosmetic dentistry which can't be insured? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter