Tooth Implant--$8,000 for one???

Anesthesia??? I got two implants and I had no anesthesia.

Also, the need for implants is not necessarily cosmetic, If it is for a bottom tooth, after enough time without a bottom tooth, your tooth above on the top row will actually begin to drop out...not good...They had wanted to wait longer before I got my implants because of the jaw bone development whatnot with the healing. But my top teeth were starting to go down from the lack of support so in went the implants.

We use IV anesthesia- twilight so our patients are still somewhat responsive. Yes, implants prevent bone loss, unlike bridges, partials, etc. They also don't damage surrounding teeth like a bridge. In the long run, all of these things end up costing about the same because the anchor teeth will likely fail at some point.

Over $8,000 is what I was quoted when I went to get a check-up and treatment plan-- for one tooth. This sounds likes he thinks I'm an easy mark. The space is healed and has been fine for a couple of years. He suggested the implant for cosmetic reasons.

OMG does it mean for single dental implant will require $8000 there!!!!!:eek:
Even I have had replaced missing tooth through dental implants only but paid $1999 for single one. Seems like I have had affordable dental implants here in Florida.

I know back when DS was in middle school (he is now a college senior) we were told it would be $16,000 to have 4 implants done on him to replace baby teeth. Needless to say be still has the baby teeth and we didn't spend that kind of money on a 13 year old!

I cannot imagine paying to replace a back molar. I had 2 that were 75%+ fillings and those finally crumbled (they were the top bottom pair in the way back). I waited another 2+yrs before doing anything about the missing portions because it wasn't bothering me. When they got abscesses (I thought I was going to die from the pain!) then I had them yanked out. Seriously the best thing I could of done! Yanking them under general anesthesia was $800.

There is no way I'd replace them with implants. The holes healed up perfectly, it's easier to keep the last molars clean and I've had no eating issues.

I paid $8000 two years ago for one implant. That was the total for extraction, bone graft, the implant, surgery, etc. I can't remember now how much it was just for the implant. And in my case, dental insurance did not cover the implant. They only covered a bridge.

dental is crazy cost us 2100 for one root canal and cap put on..our insurance wont pay for root canals so it was all out of pocket..

I paid $8000 two years ago for one implant. That was the total for extraction, bone graft, the implant, surgery, etc. I can't remember now how much it was just for the implant. And in my case, dental insurance did not cover the implant. They only covered a bridge.

Then its really worth. As grafting, extraction, surgery and implant all these procedure can together cost upto $8000... Can you tell me how much do dental implants cost in your case i mean only "dental implants"?

Then its really worth. As grafting, extraction, surgery and implant all these procedure can together cost upto $8000... Can you tell me how much do dental implants cost in your case i mean only "dental implants"?

I'm sorry, I really don't remember what the breakdown was. I can tell you that I am very pleased with the results. The tooth looks so natural. You can't even tell it's an implant. That was very important to me because the tooth was in the front.

WOW...in Ohio it's about $1200 for the implant. The crown the dentist does is then around $850.00. I would get a second opinion with another oral surgeon.

I was in a car accident and even though my tooth was put back in and held, after about 10 years it died (root canal) and then the gums dissolved the root.

I got a flipper first ($300) and then began the process.

I had it done a little over a year ago. It was $3200 to the periodontist (I had to have a bone graft $1600 and the post for the implant $1600), and $800 to the dentist to do the temporary and permanent crown.

The process took nearly a year to be complete.

I have insurance and they covered nothing.

It was a long process for me too. It took a year from the time they did the extraction to the time I received the implant. There are multiple steps, especially if you need a bone graft.

Thank you. I will find another dentist. A bridge is not possible because its the last tooth in the back with nothing to anchor to. It really doesn't show so I won't get an implant. Not now anyway. Thanks for all the replies!

I will save you the money by asking you a question. Do you really care about, miss, need that tooth way in the back? If the answer to that is no, no, and no I just saved you all that money. :thumbsup2

WOW...in Ohio it's about $1200 for the implant. The crown the dentist does is then around $850.00. I would get a second opinion with another oral surgeon.

That is why your dentist drives a Ford Windstar because he is not in it to make a fortune off his patients. Mine is the same way.

Really? Including the tooth extraction? Then why would anyone get a crown? Just get the implant and get it over with!

I didn't see that this was answered so forgive me if it was. The implant is simple drilling into the bone and putting what I was told is like a metal screw from the bone up. The crown is the man made tooth that screws into the metal implant. So if you simply get the implant you would have a screw for a tooth. lol

Ya i know but fixing a hard screw in our mouth, quite fearing me!!:sad2:
And if my dentist ask me for bone grafting then I don't know how I gonna handle it :confused3

I'm sorry, I really don't remember what the breakdown was. I can tell you that I am very pleased with the results. The tooth looks so natural. You can't even tell it's an implant. That was very important to me because the tooth was in the front.

Oh anyways thanks for motivating really looking for it!!!

I didn't see that this was answered so forgive me if it was. The implant is simple drilling into the bone and putting what I was told is like a metal screw from the bone up. The crown is the man made tooth that screws into the metal implant. So if you simply get the implant you would have a screw for a tooth. lol

My understanding may not be correct, but when I think of a crown I think of a man-made partial tooth that is attached to what is left of a real tooth. When I think of an implant I think of the whole thing, the metal post and the porcelain tooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter