Toot! Toot!!

SusanWasHere

<font color=green>I'm on the left<br><font color=d
Ok, that's me tooting my own horn, which I never do! LOL but I felt the need to share! Today at school my principal called the entire staff into the library for an "important meeting". With all the education drama in NJ right now and with today being voting day, we were all nervous. So I sat down with the rest of the school and the principal said it was the time of year to announce the Teacher of the Year. He was holding gorgeous flowers and said the teacher of the year is.... ME!! I about died and fell off my chair. Everyone was cheering and looking at me and I sat there in shock!!!! (I am not one to be the center of attention - ever) They gave me a crown to wear, a HUGE Disney castle balloon (they know me so well) and 2 huge bunches of gorgeous wild flowers. WOW. I am beyond stunned. This is my 16th year teaching children with autism and no one ever understands my job, my kids, or why I do what I do so the recognition was amazing! Special Ed usually does not win so me thinking my name would be called never entered my mind. The librarian was funny bc she said "now that you won teacher of the year, what are you going to do?" And I said "I'm going to Disney World" LOL. So just wanted to share my excitement, my head is swimming right now!!! :hippie:

Congratulations Susan....Let me just say I admire what you do and the sacrafices you make to ensure our children get the best possible education. You surely make a difference in the lives of many. :)

CONGRATS! I think that is wonderful. And the fact that you didn't even think you would win just goes to prove how much you deserve it!

Hurray for you and hurray for all the kids that benefit from having such a great teacher! :cool1:

Awesome!!! :cool1: Congrats to you! :woohoo:

TEACHER-OF-THE-YEAR-V.gif

I am SO HAPPY for you...congratualtions. I worked in a school system for 7 years and I understand that being named Teacher Of The Year is an awesome honor, especially working with the kids that you do.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And toot away; you deserve to.

:cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1:

Congrats! I think you deserve the dancing bananas!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you don't do it for the recognition but it sure is nice to get some once in a while. Enjoy it!! :cheer2:

Congratulations!!!!
I'm friends with some special ed teachers and I'm constantly amazed by them. Their work is extremely difficult, but they all love it.

CONGRATS!!!!:thumbsup2:cool1:

I am the mother of two sons with Autism and I soooo appreciate teachers who work with kids with special needs!:love: God bless you!!:goodvibes

Thank you all so much!! :hug: I was actually tearing up reading all your posts! It has been a whirlwind of a day! I still haven't processed it! I just saw another teacher in the hall (who has previously won) and she said she never saw someone look so shocked - she thought I was going to faint. LOL! Like I said, special ed rarely gets any attention at all - so I am more than happy to represent. Especially for my kids with autism, they are the most incredible kids on the planet and so misunderstood. It's all for them :goodvibes Again, thank you so so much for your replies, it's very touching :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter