• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toontown?

GAMC369

Mouseketeer
I can't find it posted on Disney's web site but....Toontown at MK doesn't open at the same time as the park? Is it 10:00? We are at MK two days and want to get the character meet and greet done right away one morning as we are not into standing in long lines just to meet characters. If we do rope drop is it best to go ride something like Dumbo right away and then head for Toontown? We only need the main classic characters as I have two boys and so fairies and even Princesses aren't needed. Is there generally a large group waiting for Toontown rope drop?

Yes, Toontown opens at 10:00 but generally they let the rope down around 9:45 if there are a lot of people waiting for the fairies. Since you are there for Mickey and Minnie I assume it would still be wise to get to the Judge's Tent early since the line can still be long early in the morning.

If you are getting to MK for the rope drop at 9, it would be a good idea to do Dumbo first. That line gets long really fast! Then head over for the rope drop of Toontown. They are pretty close to each other.

The Toontown ropedrop happens at 9.45 and people tend to start gathering at 9.30, or even earlier if it's a particularly busy time. However, a huge chunk of that group will be waiting to see the fairies.

Mickey waits by his house to give the first family who reaches him a guided tour and when I did TT ropedrop in May everyone veered off to County Bounty (which the Tinker Bell meet and greet is located in) before they reached him, so he was stood there waving and just waiting for somebody to actually want to see him. Poor Mickey! :rotfl: This isn't an isolated incident, I've heard he often has to wait for the first surge towards Pixie Hollow to clear before somebody visits him. However, this doesn't mean he's without visitors all morning. By 10.30-11ish the queue to see him was already an hour long! So if you can make rope drop, definitely go for it, and remember that even if there's a large crowd, there's a good chance you'll be in the minority to visit Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter