Toontown to be taken over by a Fantasyland expansion (at least partially)?

Disneylandfan85

Mouseketeer
According to WDW1974 (at WDWMagic), it looks like Toontown (yet again) is likely to be on the way out, this time for a Fantasyland expansion consisting of Frozen and other properties (like Beauty and the Beast). It is not known, however, if it will take over all of the land or just the area not consisting of the Roger Rabbit area.

Once again, I'm hoping this is not true. If it is true, I hope they somehow retain the kiddie coaster (but rethemed to something else to fit in, obviously), and that Mickey and the gang will have a new real home someplace else on property, because Disneyland is their home, and I want that to stay alive somehow. Not only do I like Toontown (granted, it does need help, plenty of it), but I thought I read somewhere that they had space set aside for a Frozen ride near the Star Wars land being built that may or may not impact Toontown.

Incidnetally, on a Star Wars project update thread (http://micechat.com/125570-star-war...struction/?_ga=1.15634038.11629977.1456856750), they posted several new construction photos. On one, one person who posted in the comments section speculated that it may be the space set aside for Frozen. Dusty Sage responded afterward the Fantasyland expansion project is so long a way off that it could very well be changed around in some way or even canceled altogether at any time.

In any case, I do hope they at least wait until the Star Wars land is open (or almost open) before they start tackling any more projects like this again. I'm quite sure doing several rides like these may take up just as much time as WDW's Fantasyland expansion did, maybe a little less.

My husband and I talk about toon town a lot. I love the feel of it too, but it is in total need of help. I honestly would be happy to see roger go (I know, my husband and I are probably the only ones :P ). Something needs to happen in toon town, but totally getting rid of mickey and minnie's houses would feel sad to me. Hmmmm

My husband and I talk about toon town a lot. I love the feel of it too, but it is in total need of help. I honestly would be happy to see roger go (I know, my husband and I are probably the only ones :P ). Something needs to happen in toon town, but totally getting rid of mickey and minnie's houses would feel sad to me. Hmmmm

You're not alone. We rode RR for the first time ever this month, and all of us left scratching our heads. It was fine, we didn't hate it, but I don't understand wasting a fast pass for it. If it went away, I wouldn't consider it any great loss. We really liked the rest of toon town, though, it was a fun place just to hang out and explore.

You're not alone. We rode RR for the first time ever this month, and all of us left scratching our heads. It was fine, we didn't hate it, but I don't understand wasting a fast pass for it. If it went away, I wouldn't consider it any great loss. We really liked the rest of toon town, though, it was a fun place just to hang out and explore.

RR is the only ride that makes me sick. Well ok teacups do too..getting older I guess haha! But whereas I would feel a great loss if the teacups went (even tho I don't personally go on them) I would feel no sadness for RR going. I LOVE dark rides and I LOVE the movie but yeah...it gives me a migraine every time. My kids didn't like it either for some reason (and they like everything!)

Anywho, it has always felt out of place for me. I get why it would be there, but it just never quite meshed as well to me. Tho I think the go coaster needs a major retheme too. My kids have no idea who Gadget is. :P

RR is the only ride that makes me sick. Well ok teacups do too..getting older I guess haha! But whereas I would feel a great loss if the teacups went (even tho I don't personally go on them) I would feel no sadness for RR going. I LOVE dark rides and I LOVE the movie but yeah...it gives me a migraine every time. My kids didn't like it either for some reason (and they like everything!)

Anywho, it has always felt out of place for me. I get why it would be there, but it just never quite meshed as well to me. Tho I think the go coaster needs a major retheme too. My kids have no idea who Gadget is. :P

Honestly, the first thing I whispered to DH when we exited the ride was "I think your need to be on hallucinogenic drugs to fully appreciate that one." My kids also have no idea who Gadget it, and the only reason they know about Roger Rabbit is because I made a point to have them watch the movie before our trip, so that they would have context for the ride. If I think it's kind of weird as a Roger Rabbit lover, can you imagine what someone who's never seen the movie must take away from that ride? I can only imagine, lol.

Honestly, the first thing I whispered to DH when we exited the ride was "I think your need to be on hallucinogenic drugs to fully appreciate that one." My kids also have no idea who Gadget it, and the only reason they know about Roger Rabbit is because I made a point to have them watch the movie before our trip, so that they would have context for the ride. If I think it's kind of weird as a Roger Rabbit lover, can you imagine what someone who's never seen the movie must take away from that ride? I can only imagine, lol.

I just LOL'd!! My kids hadn't seen it (they were young and I didn't think about showing them) and after they were like "Um..what just happened?" HAHAHAHA My husband and I joked about taking a couple shots beforehand next time but then realized we'd get super nauseous.

Yeah it can go as far as I'm concerned. They have the opportunity to retheme it tho. A mickey dark ride? SIGN ME UP!

The funny thing is that another rumor is that the expansion in question would take over MOST of Toontown, but not all of it; the Roger Rabbit ride would remain, and so would Mickey's house, which would somehow be moved closer to the Roger Rabbit area, out of the expansion site in question.

I hope that is the case, especially the relocation of Mickey's house.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I was never a fan of Toontown until I had children. Now we love it. Roger Rabbit game me a back ache after I went on it last December. I do love all the detail in this land. It would be a shame to lose it, but I would understand. I know I am one of the few who adores Frozen and would love a Frozen ride.

I wonder if they could do a really cool frozen ride. Maybe a partial dark ride or something? My daughter would pee herself over that LOL

For us, Toon Town is where we take a break and let our 2 year old run a little free in goofy's house. We also like to eat our lunch or dinner there, as it's less crowded. While we appreciate it for this, I wouldn't be sad if it was replaced with something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter