toontown playground closed in may??

gibsontrio

DIS Veteran
Ok I just read toontown playground will be closed in may, is this a big deal (I have a 2 yr old and 5 yr old) Is it the same thing as minnie mouses house?? anyone have any pictures of what i'll be missing?

I didn't hear that the playground was going to be closed in May! AAAHHHH!!

But, no, the playground isn't the same as, say, Minnie's house. There is a playground across from Mickey Mouse's house, that has a couple slides and things for the kids to crawl through. It's always been good for us to use for dd2 while ds4 goes on the Barnstormer.

Bummer!

~Tami princess:

I've been to Disney World three times with a little one and I've never noticed a playground in toon town! So if it were me I won't be missing anything when we're there next month. Ha Ha! Now if it were Pooh's Thoughful Spot in Fantasyland THAT would be another story. My daughter loves playing there. Have a great trip!

Ok I just read toontown playground will be closed in may, is this a big deal (I have a 2 yr old and 5 yr old) Is it the same thing as minnie mouses house?? anyone have any pictures of what i'll be missing?

Here's two pictures - faces are blurred because the kids aren't mine.

ToontownPlayground2.jpg

ToontownPlayground.jpg

It's cute enough, a playhouse, a "big slide," smaller slides and some tunnels. Kids love it, but there is plenty of other opportunities to play so its not that big of a miss. I'll actually miss the playground this trip with my two year old, but Poohs will do just fine!

Definitely not a big deal. There is so much to do in WDW...you will not miss it at all! It's just a place to sit and relax and give the little ones that are stuck in strollers a chance to run around for a few minutes!

I think it's a very minor closure that you won't even notice missing. There are so many other things to do! My kids were 3 and 18 months when we went last and there weren't interested in it at all!

It's cute for the fact that the adults get to sit and relax for a few minutes, but the playground is not even close to a main attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter